New General Catalogue#Index Catalogue
The Index Catalogue (IC ) refers to a catalog of galactic nebulae, star clusters and galaxies.
Originally there were two catalogs, the first Index Catalogue ( IC I ), and later the second index - catalog (IC II). Today, we group them together under the term index - catalog (IC).
Both index catalogs are extensions of the NGC and compiled by Johan Ludvig Emil like that Dreyer. The IC I was published in 1895 and contains astronomical objects that were discovered after the publication of the NGC 1888-1895. The IC II was published in 1908 and contains the objects that were discovered 1895-1908.
The entire index catalog contains about 5500 objects. Among them are a few objects of the Messier catalog, which are not included in the NGC catalog.
Also, the index catalog contains the NGC catalog error. To improve the NGC / IC project works. As part of improved versions of the NGC / IC combination of the NGC 2000.0 catalog and the Revised NGC / IC catalog apply. These are not the corrected version of the NGC catalog alone to confuse the RNGC.
True followers of these catalogs do not exist. Since the early 20th century catalogs were created just specifically for each object type. In particular, there are several galaxy catalogs.
Objects of the Index Catalogue ( selection)
- IC 10 (1889 discovered galaxy in the constellation Cassiopeia )
- IC 11 ( emission nebula in the constellation Cassiopeia )
- IC 44 ( galaxy in the constellation Cetus )
- IC 405 ( diffuse nebula )
- IC 418 ( Spirograph Nebula )
- IC 434
- IC 1396
- IC 1459 ( galaxy in the constellation Crane )
- IC 1613 ( galaxy in the constellation Cetus )
- IC 1805 ( Heart Nebula, an emission nebula in the constellation Cassiopeia )
- IC 1848 (Soul Nebula, an emission nebula in the constellation Cassiopeia )
- IC 1988 ( galaxy in the constellation Fornax )
- IC 2602 ( Southern Pleiades open star cluster in the constellation keel of the boat )
- IC 4191 ( planetary nebula in the constellation fly)
- IC 4406 ( Retina Nebula)
- IC 4553 ( galaxy in the constellation of the Serpent )
- IC 4592/IC 4601 (400 light-years distant reflection nebula in the constellation Scorpio, whose light comes from the quadruple star system Nu Scorpic )
- IC 4593, a planetary nebula in the constellation Hercules
- IC 4625 ( galaxy in the constellation Ophiuchus )
- IC 4651 (star cluster in the constellation altar)
- IC 4665 ( star cluster in the constellation Ophiuchus )
- IC 4725 (M 25)
- IC 4895 ( irregular galaxy of the Local Group )