Niavaran Palace Complex
Located on the premises for more than twenty buildings, including the built from 1870 Sahebqaraniyeh Palace from the time of Naser ad -Din Shah Qajar of the dynasty of as well as other historically valuable buildings from the time of Qajar and the time of the Pahlavi dynasty. The buildings are managed since 2000 by a foundation and primarily used for cultural purposes, such as museums. Since that time, several buildings are accessible on the site for visitors, such as the name Jahan Museum ( 1997), the Sahebqaranieh Palace (1998) and Koosh Ahmad Shahi ( 2000).
About 5 km to the west lies the Saadabad Palace complex.
On the park grounds include, among others, the Niavaran Palace ( rarely also Niawaran palace). Designed by the Iranian architect Mohsen Foroqi building is situated on a 9,000 square meter portion in the northeast corner of the partially publicly accessible Niavaran Park. The construction of the two and a half storey high building by the company Farmanfarmayan began in 1958 and was completed in 1967. Originally it was to be used as a government guest house, but then became the summer residence of the former Shah of Iran. The last Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi stayed here mostly with his family until the Iranian revolution.
The designed with modern materials, very edgy palace and its interior should reflect the long history of the country. The decorative elements were also influenced by the Islamic art. The stucco work were carried out by Abdollahi, the mirror by Ali Asghar and the brick elements in the outer region by Ibrahim Kazempour and Ilia.
The floor of the building is made of black stone with surrounding aluminum strips. The interior and furnishings were designed and executed by a French company.
To the ground floor exploiting dividend large hall are arranged around all the rooms, including a private cinema, dining room, guest room, waiting rooms and hall lateral extensions as the blue room.
A half floor up are the offices and conference rooms, Farah Pahlavi Secretariat, dormitories and rooms for the staff. In the area of the staircase there is also a room where the uniforms and medals of Mohammad Reza are kept.
On the top floor there are rest rooms of Mohammad Reza well as the rooms of the children and from the competent service personnel. The rooms are furnished with valuable pictures and wallpapers, various state gifts are here.
The Blue Room
The blue room with its chandeliers located in the northern part of the Niavaran Palace. Under Reza Pahlavi it was used for state receptions, including Jimmy Carter was here received. A short time later should be a transformation take place, but was omitted as a result of the Islamic revolution.
From 2000 onwards, the blue room without profound changes to the equipment to a showroom was remodeled, can take place in the cultural and artistic events. It was here in three years instead of more than 40 exhibitions, including 13 photo exhibitions, exhibitions of paintings and twenty four exhibitions of weaving. Also for official ceremonies involving foreign ambassadors and Iranian government officials, this hall is re- used, among other events for return of cultural and historical works in Kuwait and Afghanistan.