Your racing career began at the age of eleven years. In the British School and youth categories, she won virtually everything there is to win. She was successful on the road, on the track, in the time trial, mountain bike and cyclocross while.
In 2000 she became world champion of the junior women road race for the first time. She repeated this success in 2001 and was in the same year junior world champion in the time trial and mountain bike. In 2002, she joined the elite category and won the gold medal in the road race at the Commonwealth Games in Manchester. At the 2003 World Cycling Championships she won the bronze medal in the road race.
In 2004, she secured the overall victory in the Giro d' Italia, but was not at the Olympic Games in Athens on the fifth square. At the 2005 World Cycling Championships in the road race, she was second behind Regina Schleicher. 2006 Nicole Cooke won the International Thüringen Tour of the women. 2003 and 2006 she has also decided to cycling World Cup of women for themselves.
At the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing she won gold in the road race in the sprint of a five -man lead group.
Resignation and criticism
Cooke finished her career after the 2012 season She joined her written resignation with harsh criticism of using doping substances male and female drivers. "I have been robbed by Dopern, even if I have more in my basket as I had dreamed of as a 12 -year-old. But many out there who are also down cleanly, people with morals, have left the sport after a lifetime of work with nothing " criticism, they also practiced to Lance Armstrong and Tyler Hamilton ." When Lance cries this week on Oprah and they gives him a handkerchief, then think of all those real people who have gone without distinction " at the end she wrote:". During the UCI engrossed was to find the receipts for the equipment, which they had bought with Lance ' donation and Floyd Landis sued after the unpacking, and press conferences were holding on which they called Landis a liar - while they were busy with all these important things, the women's cycling has crumbled, who, when I turned pro, so hopefully released in 2002. "
- British road race champion (2004, 2002, 2001, 1999)
- Cycling World Championships 2000: Gold Road Race Junior Women
- Mountain Bike World Cup 2000: Bronze Junior Women
- Cycling World Championships 2001: Gold Road Race and Time Trial Junior Women
- Mountain Bike World Cup 2001: Gold juniors
- Commonwealth Games 2002: Gold Road Race
- Cycling World Championships 2003: Bronze Road Race
- Flèche Wallonne 2003, 2005
- Amstel Gold Race 2003
- GP Ouest France 2003
- Overall winner of the Giro d' Italia Femminile 2004
- Summer Olympic Games 2004: 5th place road race
- Cycling World Championships 2005: Silver Road Race
- Overall winner Thuringia Tour 2006
- Overall winner of the International German Championship ( TUI Cup) 2006
- Cycling World Championships 2006: Bronze Road Race
- Overall winner Grande Boucle Féminine 2006 and 2007
- Olympic Games 2008: Gold Road Race
- Cycling World Championships 2008: Gold 201ßenrennen Stra
- Stage victory Emakumeen Bira 2010
- Stage win Giro del Trentino Alto Adige 2010
- Stage win Giro d' Italia Femminile 2011
- 2001 Acca Due O Lorena Camichi
- 2002 Pragma - Colnago Deia
- 2003 Ausra Gruodis Safi
- 2004 Safi - Pasta Zara - Manhattan
- 2005 Safi - Pasta Zara - Manhattan
- 2006 Univega Pro Cycling Team
- 2007 Raleigh- Lifeforce Pro Cycling Team
- 2008 Halfords Bikehut Cycle Team
- 2009 Vision 1 Racing
- 2011 SC MCipollini Giambenini
- 2012 Faren Honda Team