Location and data
Nicosia is located 48 km northeast of Enna. The inhabitants mainly work in agriculture and in the marble and granite processing.
The districts are Marengo, Nicosia and Villadoro. The neighboring municipalities are Calascibetta, Castel di Lucio (ME), Cerami, Gagliano Castelferrato, Gangi (PA ), Geraci Siculo (PA ), Leon Forte, Mistretta (ME), Nissoria and Sperlinga.
The town grew to the Byzantine period. He developed into Norman times further. Nicosia was made famous by the visit of Emperor Charles V in 1535. Since 2000, the city maintains a twinning with Nicosia, the capital of Cyprus.
- Church of Carmine
- Church of San Benedetto from the 14th century
- Cathedral of San Nicola di Bari with a portal from the 15th century
- Church of Santa Maria Maggiore from the 16th century to the throne of Charles V.
- Ruins of the castle from the Middle Ages
Sons and daughters
- Felix of Nicosia (1715-1787), Capuchin monk and saint