48.22380555555610.3795518Koordinaten: 48 ° 13 ' 26 " N, 10 ° 22' 46" E
Niederraunau with 1,282 inhabitants, the largest district of the Swabian town of Krumbach in the district of Günzburg.
Niederraunau located in Kammeltal at an altitude of 518 m above sea level. NN. , 2 km south of Krumbach, on the B 16 direction Mindelheim. Niederraunau lies on the route of the railway Mittelschwaben and has a need breakpoint.
The first written mention found so far was in the 11th century. In an earlier settlement indicate jewelry finds from the Hallstatt period, probably (see Nagler Zanier, 2005) before 1860 from the opening of twelve grave hills, and from excavations from 1932. During renovation work in 2005, a Roman ashlar limestone was exposed in the church tower base. The lower floor of the tower, which was increased in 1617 to today's figure was created as a Romanesque escape tower.
Through the charters that received Georg von Freyberg from Roman-German king and later Emperor Maximilian I 1494-1495, Niederraunau was raised to market. On January 29, 1613 Market Niederraunau of Marquard von Freyberg received a coat of arms. This shows before silver / blue background a lime tree ( cf. Miller Ludwig, 1907).
On May 1, 1978 Niederraunau was incorporated as part of the Bavarian municipal reform to Krumbach.
The TSV Niederraunau is active in handball and athletics. The first men's team handball plays in the national league South.
Culture and sights
→ see also: List of monuments in Krumbach (Schwaben ) - Section Niederraunau
- Originally a Romanesque church, in 1067 already mentioned in a deed of gift, nave building in the style of the Renaissance 1627-1629
- Former castle of the lords of Freyberg
- Ecce Homo chapel, built in 1727/28, extension 1780
- Medieval penitential cross on the B 16
Honorary citizen of the formerly independent municipality Niederraunau
- Michael Grinder (1847-1915): Born Niederraunauer invented the so-called Einkammerluftdruckbremse that found use in many railroads. In 1906 Michael Sander was awarded the title of a royal Bavarian Commerzienrates. With the money he earned with his invention, he supported his home community, among others, the construction of a new school house. In return for this support, he was made an honorary citizen of Niederraunau. The village square is named after him - Commerzienrat Grinder place.