The Nkana FC is a Zambian football club from the town of Kitwe in the north of the country. The club was founded in 1935 and is the oldest football club in Zambia. He plays in the top division, the Zambian Premier League. The club colors are red, therefore carrying the team the nickname " Red Devils ".
The club was originally founded under the name Rhokana United FC, before he changed his name in 1975 in Nkana Red Devils and in 1991 adopted the present name Nkana FC. Play their home games, the club from the 22,000 -seater Scriveners stage.
Nkana FC is eleven times Zambian champion and six-time Cup winner in 1990 and reached the first and only football club from Zambia the final of the CAF Champions League. In the final, the team defeated however balanced by return match against JS Kabylie of Algeria with 3:5 on penalties.
The so-called " Kitwe Derby " holds between the Red Devils and local rivals Power Dynamos as one of the fiercest derbies football on the African continent, comparable to the " Soweto Derby " in South Africa between Orlando Pirates and Kaizer Chiefs.
- CAF Champions League Finalist: 1990
- Semi-finals: 1989, 1994
- Zambian Premier League Champion: 1982, 1983, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1992, 1993, 1999, 2001
- Zambian Cup Cup Winners' Cup: 1986, 1989, 1991, 1992, 1993, 2000
- Winner of the Zambian Challenge Cup: 1964, 1966, 1992, 1993, 1998, 1999, 2000
- Winner of the Zambian Charity Shield: 2000
- Ben Bamfuchile
- Joseph Musonda
- Kapambwe Mulenga
- Mark Sinyangwe
- Zambian football club