The abbreviation NLS stands for:
Organizations and institutions
- Naturland Foundation Saar
- The National Library of Scotland, the National Library of Scotland in Edinburgh
- The National Language Service in South Africa
- The Lower Saxony State Office for Statistics
- The National Law School of India University
- The National Lifeguard Service ( the lifeguards ) in Canada.
- In England and Wales NLS stands for the National Literacy Strategy, the national guidelines for the teaching of English in state primary schools.
- In biology for Nuclear Localization Signal, see nuclear localization signal
- In computer science for National Language Support also for Native Language Support, a system that was developed by Hewlett -Packard for internationalization, which is often mistakenly assumed that the "N" stands for "national"
- On- Line System, own spelling " oN - Line System ", a computer system in the 1960s by Douglas Engelbart