Norbert Wiener Prize in Applied Mathematics
The Norbert Wiener Prize for Applied Mathematics is every three years (since 2004, before the five years) of the American Mathematical Society and the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics awarded and is worth $ 5,000. He is named in honor of Norbert Wiener and donated in 1967.
- 2013 Andrew Majda for fundamental contributions to theoretical fluid mechanics and their application in meteorology and oceanography
- 2010 David Donoho for the development of mathematical methods in signal and image processing.
- 2007 Craig Tracy, Harold Widom for work in the theory of random matrices with applications of nuclear physics to the theory of the Riemann zeta function.
- 2004 curves and James Sethian for his work on numerical representation of propagating fronts and numerous applications of this method
- 2000 Alexandre Chorin for numerical hydrodynamics and Arthur Winfree for his work on biological rhythms (nonlinear coupled oscillators ).
- 1995 Hermann Flaschka for his work on exactly integrable dynamical systems and Ciprian Foias for his work on operator theory, Analysis and Dynamics
- 1990 Michael Aizenman for mathematical treatment of statistical mechanics ( theory of critical phenomena ) and quantum field theory, and Jerrold Marsden for his investigations of differential equations in mechanics, evidence of the existence of chaos for specific classical differential equations, work on the moment diagram.
- 1985 Clifford Gardner for supersonic aerodynamics, magnetohydrodynamics, plasma physics, and especially the Inverse Scattering Transform.
- 1980 Tosio Kato for his work on perturbation theory in quantum mechanics and to Gerald Whitham for his work on hydrodynamics
- 1975 Peter Lax, especially for numerical and theoretical work on partial differential equations and scattering theory.
- 1970 Richard Bellman for his pioneering work in the dynamic programming, and related work in the control and stability theory and differential equations with delay ( Delay Differential Equations )