The Chemin de fer Nyon -St- Cergue- Morez ( NStCM ) (official French name: Compagnie du chemin de fer Nyon -St- Cergue- Morez SA ) is a private railway company in the canton of Vaud in Switzerland. The 27.0 km long narrow gauge railway line goes from Nyon on Lake Geneva to the spa and ski resort of Saint- CERGUE on the heights of the Vaud Jura and on to La Cure, Lying on the French border. A 12.1 km long continued into the interior - it ended on Morez station SNCF line from Bourg -en- Bresse after Andelot -en- Montagne - was decommissioned in 1958 and replaced by a bus service. From 1947 to 1992, the company was also the holder of a concession for a chairlift Archette -La Barillette, which was opened in 1948.
The total distance Nyon - La Cure is served hourly action, but with the crossing in Arzier to the minute: 20 shows a distinctly different from the usual symmetry on time. Including Monday to Friday train running between Nyon and St- CERGUE additional trains that produce an approximate 25-35 clock, there are other regular crossings in Trélex (Min: 37) Arzier (Min: 56) and Genolier ( minute: 08). The travel time for the total distance is 48 minutes ( as of 2012).
The NStCM takes since July 2004 in a newly built underground railway terminus in Nyon ( 395 m asl. ) Its beginning; before they started on the local train station. First, the route runs mainly in the north and passes on the outskirts Les Plantaz the depot with associated operating workshop. Near the station L' Asse, hosts the annual Paleo Festival. The line is now rising moderately at the foot of the Jura and via Trélex (501 m) and Givrins (554 m) to Genolier ( 562 m).
Here the actual mountain route which climbs the sloping to the southeast slopes of the Jura in tortuous development begins. Passengers offer changing views of Lake Geneva and the Savoy Alps as far as Mont Blanc. In Arzier ( 842 m) turns the track to the west to reach through with stock of mixed forest with rugged terrain Saint- Cergue ( 1047 m). This is the main intermediate station has a shed with base of rail service including snow clearing service. From here the line runs mostly parallel to the main road through open countryside. At the summit of the Col de la Givrine the vertex is reached 1233 m, followed by a short but strong gradient to the terminus La Cure ( 1155 m) in a typical Jura mountain valley.
The maximum slope of the adhesion line is 60 ‰, the smallest curve radius 70 m. The railway line has, in the lower part of two major bridges, the Viaduc de l' Asse ( 74 m long) and the Viaduc de la Colline (110 m), and in Arzier and at St- CERGUE each a short tunnel. It is operated electrically since the start of operation with direct current. The catenary voltage of 2200 volts initially was reduced in 1985 to 1500 volts.
The French leg led by La Cure via Les Rousses (1110 m) to Morez (701 m), crossed the small town on the main road and ended on the SNCF train station ( 734 m). Two tunnels were needed to overcome the deeply entrenched from the river gorge Bienne.
1899 issued by the competent authorities the concession for an extensive narrow gauge network in the western Jura Vaudois. Under the name Chemin de fer Nyon -Jura railway line from Nyon to St- CERGUE, after Gingins as well as Le Vaud and Marchissy should arise after Gimel. Lack of sufficient funding delayed the start of construction until 1910 you decided to focus on the line Nyon -St- Cergue- La Cure. The amended plans were approved in 1912, a year later, the French Connection line.
The end of 1912 the Parisian construction company Dyle & Bacalan started work. The side effects of the First World War - mobilization in France, material shortages in Switzerland - difficult to build greatly. On the French side the work rested at times completely. Finally, was opened on 12 July 1916, the first section of Nyon to St- CERGUE, the extension to La Cure on 18 August 1917. November 11, 1917, inaugurated the final terminus in Nyon. After considerable delay the route La Cure Morez followed on 7 March 1921.
Because the French railroad company Chemins de fer du Jura Électriques ( CFEJ ) owned no vehicles, initially led the Swiss company operating on the entire route by and named logically Nyon -St- Cergue- Morez. It retained its name, as the CFEJ 1924 her first railcars introduced into service.
Due to the unfavorable exchange rate of the international traffic was difficult going. Also, the increasing competition from road transport made NStCM to create. The 1920s and 30s were the permanent crisis. During World War II, the section La Cure Morez had to be temporarily shut down twice. On the other hand sat on the Swiss leg of a long-awaited recovery, including the first opened in 1939 téléluge (Lift for sledging ) contributed. The excursion traffic into popular even with cross-country skiers ski area Givrine - La Dole became more and more lucrative business.
After September 27, 1958, the last train had traveled the French leg, also began in Switzerland, the discussions about a possible closure of the route Nyon -La Cure. Report followed report, the recommendations contradicted each other. Massive protests of the population in 1972 could just prevent the conversion to bus operation yet. Since the 1970s, passenger numbers continued to grow, whereby it was finally decided in 1982 in favor of maintaining the track, which the twenty -year-long state of suspense ended. Aid from the federal and cantonal enabled the long-overdue modernization: The NStCM renewed the contact line completely and took three new rectifier into operation. Instead of the "exotic" voltage of 2200 volts was chosen the widely used value of 1500 volts. New commuter trains replaced the outdated railcars. Barriers and flashing plants secured the crossings. In the 1990s, the block system was set up.
- Be 4/4 201-205 (1985-86)
- BDe 4/4 221 (1935), taken from LEB (1991 )
- BDe 4/4 231-232 (1953), taken from CJ (2003/ 2007)
- XTM 2/2 251 (1984)
- TM 2/2 261 ( 1958)
- Submitted C4 7 (1910 ) ANF, the Blonay -Chamby (BC )