Obererbach (Westerwald ) is a municipality in the district of Old Churches ( Westerwald) in Rhineland- Palatinate. It belongs to the municipality Old churches.
The eponymous main village is located about four kilometers ( the district Niedererbach about three kilometers ) north of the center of old churches on the road from Eichelhardt or Mammelzen after Hilgenroth. Both districts are also on the railway line Limburg- old churches with breakpoint and former train station in Lower Erbach; the districts are surrounded by fields, meadows and mixed forest; through flows of Erbach.
Obererbach consists of the districts Obererbach, Niedererbach Hacksen and Kober stone ( stone and Hofgut Kober Kober Steiner mill).
The church today Obererbach was first mentioned in 1358 in connection with one of the lords of Kober 's Stone ( also Koverstein ) built castle, which was the lying southwest of Niedererbach today Hofgut Kober stone.
Obererbach belonged to the parish of Old Churches, which represented both the Church's catchment area as well as one of the lower mundane administrative units in the county of Sayn. Together with the present-day districts of Lower Erbach and Hacksen and other villages of the parish Obererbach was listed in 1610 in the court records of the parish court.
Since the mid-17th century the villages of Lower and Upper Erbach and Hacksen belonged to the county of Sayn- old churches, in 1803 came these places together with the County to the Principality of Nassau- Usingen, 1806 to the Duchy of Nassau and 1815 to the Kingdom of Prussia. From 1816 to the villages of independent communities that were managed by the then newly created Mayor's Old churches in the district Old Churches in the Region of Koblenz have been.
Ecclesiastical included the villages of Lower and Upper Erbach and Hacksen the parish of Old Churches, which originally belonged to the Archbishopric of Cologne. The inhabitants of the villages were assigned to the branch church in Hilgenroth. Mid-16th century led the Counts of Sayn a Lutheran and the Reformed denomination in 1605. Even today the people of Obererbach are predominantly Protestant. Today, the evangelical Christians of Obererbach and Hacksen belong to the independent since 1867 protestant church Hilgenroth that evangelical Christians in the district of Lower Erbach the Protestant church Old churches that are associated with both the Evangelical Church in the Rhineland. The Catholic Christians belong to the parish of Marienthal.
From the Reformed church to the Old churches mid-17th century were the first steps to set up a school in Lower Erbach, which was established " to form the youth and for clerical tasks ". The first school house was built in 1744 in Lower Erbach ago. To the School District of Niedererbach originally included the towns Bachenberg, Dieperzen, Hacksen, Niedererbach Obererbach and Volkerzen. 1802 different people from ores from the school association. The hitherto standing in church-run Lutheran parish school in Lower Erbach in 1825 transferred to the local communities of the school association. The Association of Schools built in 1839 a new school building in Lower Erbach. A statistic from 1843 are for low- Erbach with 86 inhabitants and Obererbach listed with 39 residents own schools. 1912 founded the local churches Bachenberg and Dieperzen a private school association and left the jurisdiction of the school from low Erbacher. Now were still Hacksen, Niedererbach and Obererbach an independent school association. 1914 to 1915 a new school was built in Niedererbach. During the Second World War had the beginning of 1945 the instruction set and could only after the war in the autumn of 1945, to be resumed. As the number of pupils increased enormously in the course of the 1950s, the local church Obererbach decided (Westerwald ) to build another school building, which was completed in 1961. Today there are three former school building in the community.
From 1 April 1939, the formerly independent communities Obererbach, Niedererbach and Hacksen to the municipality Obererbach (Westerwald ) were merged.
The development of the population, the values from 1871 to 1987 based on population censuses:
The local council in Obererbach (Westerwald ) consists of twelve council members, who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 by majority vote, and the honorary mayor as chairman.
Since 1939, the mayor of Obererbach are known by name:
Coat of arms
The coat of arms description reads: "In gold a fallen red top, covered with an eagle in confused colors ".
The eagle goes back to the arms of the Lords of Kober stone, the mid-14th century to the point where today the estate Kober stone is, a castle built and led an eagle in their coat of arms. The colors of gold and red refer to the colors in the coat of arms of the Counts of Sayn, the tripartite division of the emblem symbolizes the three districts of the municipality. The approval was issued on 21 September 1995.
Interest and cultural monuments
The former railway station in Obererbach was built in 1886. The elaborately articulated with stone construction consists of a small ashlar masonry and timber goods shed. The building was restored by the present owners and is now used as a residence.
→ List of cultural monuments in Obererbach (Westerwald )