Oberndorf bei Salzburg
Oberndorf bei Salzburg is a city in Austria with 5609 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2013). It lies in the north of the province of Salzburg on the right bank of the Salzach towards the Bavarian border town running. Located in Oberndorf, the Christmas carol Silent Night, Holy Night was performed first time in 1818.
- 3.1 Demographics
- 4.1 Municipal Council
The town of Oberndorf bei Salzburg is on the right bank of the Salzach River about 17 km north of the city of Salzburg in the Flachgau on the border with Bavaria. Their extent is from west to east for 2.2 km and a north-south direction approximately 3.3 km; the urban area covers 4.54 km ². The municipality is part of the judicial district of Oberdorf.
The municipality comprises the two villages (in brackets population as of 31 October 2011):
- Haide Austria (21 )
- Oberndorf bei Salzburg ( 5570 )
The municipality comprises the cadastral Oberndorf.
The border with Nußdorf am Haunsberg is almost entirely the Oichten (also: Oichtenbach ) and the border with running is also the state border in the middle of the river the Salzach.
Oberndorf was as a suburb of the city situated on the left bank running initially for Salzburggau of the Duchy of Bavaria. The archbishops of Salzburg were able to acquire the territory of the later Rupertiwinkels in the 13th century. 1275 Salzburg's western border was confirmed to Chiemgau by the Landshut Duke. Thus, the replacement of the State of Salzburg from the mother country began Bavaria. In 1328, Salzburg was then made by the issuing of an order to the country's own largely independent state. With the Treaty of Munich in 1816 was running along with the Rupertiwinkel separated from Salzburg and Bavaria slammed, Oberndorf became Austrian and thus the frontier town between the Kingdom of Bavaria and Austria.
In the 19th century went through the building of the railroad until then important for the salt trade Salzach shipping always go back. 1866, the last salt transport took place.
The place existed until the end of the 19th century a few houses at the bend of the river Salzach, where today meets the old road to the Schöffleutgasse, as well as some houses further downstream along the present shore road. At least since 1278, there were approximately where today is the Europe bridge, a wooden Trestle over the Salzach river. She joined the City and the Lower Mountain Gate in running with the foot of Calvary in Oberndorf. Over the centuries suffered running and especially the low-lying Oberndorf under floods that damaged the bridge or completely destroyed over and over again, so in the years 1314, 1508, 1567, 1598, 1786 and 1787. In August 1896 tore an exceptionally high flood again a portion of the bridge away. Even during the planning for an elevated iron arch bridge, it came on 31 July and 1 August 1897 a flood that exceeded the last one meter and not only tore away the provisionally repaired wooden bridge again, but the current plans for the new bridge had become obsolete. They finally agreed to build a bridge even higher up than the flood of 13 and 14 September 1899 exceeded all previously registered marks and the final plans for a higher bridge made for waste. This flood exceeded the access roads to the existing bridge by two to three meters and damaged or destroyed nearly all the buildings in Oberndorf, including the late baroque church of St. Nicholas.
Decision was therefore made to build a bridge at its present location, an idea that had been thwarted by the opposition of both communities. There, the terrain was high enough so that the access roads could be used for highly water-free. During the construction of the new bridge, the previous upper village was largely abandoned and torn down and built a new space including a new church at the new bridge.
In April 2001, the market Oberndorf became a town.
To collective history of running and upper village of the early history to 1816 and for salt waterways see history of running.
The municipal council of Oberndorf bei Salzburg has 25 members and is composed as follows for the local council elections in 2014 together:
Directly elected mayor, Peter Schröder ( Social Democratic Party ).
Coat of arms
Blazon: In split crest is made up in black with little gold stars sprinkled on a flat silver Dreienberg a silver church with unexposed windows and the tower to the right; a diagonally red and white striped rowboat with a concealed by a tarp cargo of salt on the line and five rowers and a coxswain in costume out the bottom of the split by a wave cut box in blue and white.
Symbolism: The rowing boat is a salt ship represents the five rowers are characterized by their dress and their tall black hats as, Schöffleute '.
Culture and sights
- Pilgrimage Church of Maria Bühel
The twin-towered pilgrimage church of Maria Bühel, situated high above the Salzach River in the northwest of Oberndorf, was built in 1663-1677. She has a magnificent interior with commemorative plaques and statues of local sculptor Josef Anton Pfaff Inger and paintings of the imperial court painter born in Laufen Michael Rottmayr.
- Silent Night Chapel
Oberndorf is primarily known for the Christmas carol Silent Night, Holy Night, performed the 1818 in the Christmas in the old parish church of St. Nicholas from the auxiliary priest Joseph Mohr ( lyrics), and by working in Arnsdorf teacher Franz Xaver Gruber ( melody ) for the first time publicly been. At the site of the former parish church since 1937 is on the Silent Night Chapel. A museum is located in the immediate vicinity. Every year on the 24th of December instead of a Christmas party here.
- Salzachbrücke (running -Oberdorf )
The Salzachbrücke after running, a magnificent edifice of stone pillars and an Art Nouveau - iron construction with ornate decorations, was built from 1901 to 1903. She was dedicated in 2003 to mark the centenary of a German - Austrian joint commemorative stamp. The bridge is a listed building and was last restored in 2005 to 2007.
- Liedertafel Oberndorf
- City Chapel Oberndorf
- Triangle Choir
- Schiffer theater running
- Free Climbing
- Nordic Walking
- Tae Kwon Do
- Table football
- Table tennis
By public transport from Salzburg Oberndorf is line 1 of the S -Bahn Salzburg every half hour, sometimes every fifteen minutes reached in around 25 minutes. Oberndorf is further accessible by post bus.
Oberndorf is situated on the Lamprechtshausener road (B 156 ), which is happening today as the city ring road only in passing. The access road from this is the only 2.2 km long B 156a, which crosses as Salzburgerstraße the south of the city, ending at the Salzach bridge after running.
There is also the possibility, all the way from Salzburg to Oberndorf ( and beyond ) to cover by bike or walking on a towpath along the river Salzach. In 2007 was opened a new crossing of the river for pedestrians and cyclists with the Europe bridge, the Oberndorf and Laufen connects to the site of an earlier bridge. From this stand, the pilots today.
- Nursing home
- City Hall ( multipurpose hall ) for concerts and sporting events
- Youth Centre
- Three kindergartens
- Elementary school
- Secondary school
- Polytechnic School
- Special Education Centre
- Business Academy ( HAK)
- Business school ( HASH )
Sons and daughters
- Gerald Baumgartner ( b. 1964 ), football player and football coach
- Luke Kletzander (* 1987), jazz pianist and composer
- Leopold Kohr (1909-1994), Alternative Nobel Laureate, philosopher, political economist, lawyer, political scientist
- Ernst Märzendorfer (1921-2009), conductor, composer and musicologist
- Johann Werner Mödlhammer (* 1932), theologian
- Dieter Muckenhammer ( b. 1981 ), football referee
- Ludwig Paischer (* 1981), judoka
- Franz Scharl (* 1958), Auxiliary Bishop of the Archdiocese of Vienna
- Hermann Stadler ( b. 1961 ), football player and football coach
Persons with respect to the city
- Axel Corti (1933-1993), film director, died in Oberndorf
- Benita Ferrero- Waldner ( * 1948 ), diplomat and politician (ÖVP ), grew up in Oberndorf
- Franz Xaver Gruber (1787-1863), organist and teacher, from about 1807 to 1827 in Oberndorf active
- Joseph Mohr (1792-1848), priest and poet, from 1817 to 1819 in Oberndorf active
The German - Austrian television film The Eternal Song ( 1997) on priest Joseph Mohr plays in Oberndorf around the year 1818.