- 4 (JR)
- 2 ( Tōkyō Metro)
- 2 ( Tōkyō Metro Shin- Ochanomizu )
- JR, Metro:チヤ( Chi -Ya )
- Shin- Ochanomizu Station :シチ( Shi- chi)
- Bunkyō ( Tōkyō Metro) ] ]
- Sobu Main Line
- Chūō Main Line
- Chiyoda Line ( Shin- Ochanomizu Station )
- Marunouchi Line
The Ochanomizu Station (Japanese御茶ノ水 駅, Ochanomizu -eki ) is located on both banks of the river Kanda in the communities (special districts ) and Chiyoda Bunkyō located in Tokyo, Japan.
It consists of three operationally and physically separate parts: Above ground on the south bank of the Kanda is the JR Higashi- Nihon Station (JR East), next to it is underground Metro Station Shin- Ochanomizu ( " New Ochanomizu " ) on the Chiyoda- line of Tōkyō Metro. Under the North Shore is the station of the Marunouchi Line, which crosses to the east side of the river above ground.
The Ochanomizu station was opened as the starting point of their range in 1904 by the Kobu tetsudō ( " Kobu Railway " ) to Hachioji. Previously, the track had its terminus in Iidamachi train station, about a kilometer to the west between the present-day train stations Iidabashi and suidobashi. Two years later, in 1906, the railway was nationalized, became the property of the state railway over ( kokutetsu ) and was part of the Chūō Main Line. 1908 resulted in the extension of the line a few hundred meters from the railway station Shōheibashi cause Ochanomizu became a through station.
From the Great Kanto Earthquake in 1923, the surrounding district were severely affected. During the reconstruction the Hijiri Bridge was built in 1928 on the east side of the station built over the Kanda. The Ochanomizu University, previously directly north of the station, moved its location by Ōtsuka in Toshima.
Opened in 1932, the state railway, the extension of the main line from sobu Ryōgoku station to Ochanomizu. When rebuilding the railway station this was essentially its present form which permits a transfer of the Chūō - Sobu in the Chūō - line at the same platform by the tracks of the two routes are grouped according to the direction of travel. This allows a smooth traffic is at high frequency of trains by the fact that the branch of the sobu line was executed at the east end of the station as a crossing -free transition. 1933, the line was expanded to four tracks on the west side, so that through trains of sobu - line could use their own tracks to Chūō Line.
When splitting and privatization of the state railway station on the JR 1987 Higashi- Nihon has been transferred.
In 1999, the Department of Transportation him in the " selection of the 100 stations in the Kanto region" (関東 の 駅 百 選, Kantō no eki Hyakusen ) on.
Metro Station Ochanomizu
On 20 January 1954, the first section of the Marunouchi subway line between Ikebukuro and Ochanomizu was opened. The final station was built just a few meters below the Sotobori - dori on steep north bank; for transfers between the new metro and the state railway had to use the Ochanomizu Bridge over the Kanda. When the subway station two years later by the extension to Awajicho a through station, the track crossing the Kanda was built above ground. Today, the metro station Ochanomizu bears the number M- 20th
Metro Station Shin- Ochanomizu
With the completion of the first section of the Chiyoda line between Kita -Senju and the Otemachi Station Shin- Ochanomizu was opened on 20 December 1969. After removing the line to its present form, the station is numbered C- 12th
Design and tracks
The JR station is built into the design of a through station. The station building is located at the west entrance on the platforms directly to the Ochanomizu Bridge; another access located on the Hijiri Bridge. On two island platforms are the four tracks: trains westwards hold on the southern platform, trains heading east on the north.
Metro Station Ochanomizu consists of two outer platforms:
The train station Shin- Ochanomizu has the form of a through station, it is located southeast of the JR train station under the Hongō - dori. Underground passages connect it to the Awajicho and Ogawamachi subway stations; this pathway is also used by passengers who transfer between Chiyoda and Marunouchi lines.
Compared to the JR train station on the north shore of Kanda are the Confucian Temple Yushima Seido and the University Hospital of the " Medical and Dental University Tokyo " ( Tōkyō Ika Shika Daigaku ). Just off the river are among others the shrine Kanda Myojin, the headquarters of the Japanese Football Association and the associated football museum.
South of the station are the orthodox " Metropolitan Tokyo Resurrection Cathedral " (东京 复活 大 圣堂, Tōkyō Fukkatsu taiseidō ), better known as St. Nicholas Cathedral, the Surugadai main campus of Meiji University as well as some faculties of the Nihon Daigaku.
The Ochanomizu station is serviced only by the following lines of regional transport:
The JR station is in an easterly direction, the last transit traffic between the Chūō - sobu and the Chūō Line, before the two share.
Early morning and late evening is the train station and the start and end of local trains of the Chūō Line, which hold as the Chūō - sobu - line at any station.
With daily 107 205 embarking passengers JR Ochanomizu Station is located on rank 28 of all stations of JR Higashi- Nihon and the most used station on the Chūō Line between Shinjuku and Tokyo, ie within the Yamanote Line. Among the stations of the Tōkyō Metro occupied among the most-used stations Ochanomizu with 54,018 daily walk-ins rank 65 and Shin- Ochanomizu Rank 36 95 890 boarded passengers.
The station is served weekdays from 1,070 trains of JR, 672 Broad Tōkyō Metro and 466 trains of the Tōkyō Metro Shin- Ochanomizu.