The October 17 is the 290th day of the Gregorian Calendar ( 291st in leap years), thus remaining 75 days of the year.
- 3.1 Before the 20th century
- 3.2 20th century
- 3.3 21st century
Politics and World Affairs
Science and Technology
- 2006: According to a calculation of the population of the United States exceeds 300 million people.
- 2012: In New York City, the U.S. FBI prevents terrorist attack of a 21 -year-olds against the local Federal Reserve Bank and arrests him.
- 2010: Mary MacKillop is from Pope Benedict XVI. canonized as the first saint of Australia and Oceania.
Minor accidents are listed in the sub- items of disaster.
Entries of Athletics world records are located under the respective discipline under Athletics.
Before the 19th century
Before the 20th century
- 0532: Boniface II, Pope
- 0866: al- Musta'in bi- llāh, Abbasid Caliph
- 1456: Nicholas Grenon, frankoflämischer composer, singer, music teacher and cleric
- 1478: Ruprecht of Pfalz- simmering, Bishop of Strasbourg
- 1552: Andreas Osiander, German theologian and reformer
- 2001: Jay Livingston, American composer
- 2001: Werner Winter, German -Swiss animal trainer
- 2002: Derek Bell, Irish musician
- 2004: Robert Alexander Bohnke, German pianist and pedagogue
- 2004: Georg Kossack, German prehistory researchers
- 2004: Andreas Sassen, German football player
- 2005: Ba Jin, Chinese writer
- 2006: Mario Francesco Cardinal Pompedda, Italian Cardinal
- 2007: Joey Bishop, American actor and entertainer
- 2008: Ludger Gerdes, German visual artist
- 2008: Dieter Stappert, Austrian journalist and team manager in motorsport
- 2010: Bruno Heinrich Schubert, German entrepreneur, Consul and patron
- 2011: Manfred Gerlach, German politician, Chairman of Council of State of the GDR
- 2012: Emile Allais, a French alpine skier
- 2012: Sylvia Kristel, Dutch actress
- 2012: Wolfgang Menge, German writer and journalist
- 2012: Karin Stoltenberg, Norwegian politician
- 2013: Günter Willumeit, German humorist, parodist, entertainers and dentist
- 2013: Rene Simpson, Canadian tennis player
Holidays and observances
- Religious observances St. Ignatius of Antioch, Roman martyr, theologian and Bishop ( Anglican, Protestant, Catholic)
- Nicholas Ridley, English martyr, Bishop of London (Protestant, Anglican feast day is October 16 )
- Anniversaries of international organizations International Day for the Eradication of Poverty ( UN) (since 1992)
More entries contains the list of commemorative and action days.
- Day in October