October 29 is the 302nd day of the Gregorian Calendar ( 303rd in leap years), thus 63 days remain until the end of the year.
- 3.1 Before the 20th century
- 3.2 20th century
- 3.3 21st century
Politics and World Affairs
1923: " German October ": Because of the formation of a state government with the participation of Communists Saxony's Minister President Erich Zeigner is issued by imperial execution and Rudolf Heinze used as Reich Commissioner.
- 2002: German Chancellor Gerhard Schröder presents the government's program for the next parliamentary term.
- 2002: Due to the difficulties in the 2000 presidential election is decided in the U.S., the Help America Vote Act. Among other things, an electoral roll is introduced at the federal level.
- 2004: Norodom Sihamoni is crowned as the successor of his retired father Norodom Sihanouk as King of Cambodia.
- 2004: The European Constitution is signed in Rome.
- 2006: In the presidential elections in Brazil Luiz Inacio Lula the incumbent is because Silva confirmed with over 60 % of the vote in his office.
Science and Technology
Minor accidents are listed in the sub- items of disaster.
Entries of Athletics world records are located under the respective discipline under Athletics.
Before the 19th century
Before the 20th century
- 2001: Grigori Tschuchrai, Soviet film director
- 2003: Hal Clement, American science fiction writer
- 2003: Franco Corelli, Italian singer
- 2004: Washington Castro, Argentine composer and conductor
- 2004: Alice Duchess of Gloucester, British princess
- 2005: Robert Gerle, American violinist and music teacher of Hungarian origin
- 2006: Peter Gingold, German Communist and resistance fighter against National Socialism
- 2009: Russell Lincoln Ackoff, American organizational theorist
- 2009: Jean -François Bergier, Swiss social and economic historians
- 2009: Olav Hodne, Norwegian missionary and author
- 2009: Jürgen Rieger, a German lawyer and politician
- 2011: Jimmy Savile, a British disc jockey and television presenter of the BBC
- 2012: J. Bernlef, Dutch writer
- 2012: Cordelia Edvardson, Swedish journalist, Holocaust survivor
Holidays and observances
- Religious observances Henry Dunant, Swiss founder of the Red Cross ( Protestant)
- St. Ferrutius, Roman soldier and martyr ( Roman Catholic)
- State Holidays and observances Turkey: Holiday of the Republic ( 1923)
More entries contains the list of commemorative and action days.
- Day in October