October 8 is the 281st day of the Gregorian Calendar ( 282nd in leap years), thus remain still 84 days until the end of the year.
- 3.1 Before the 20th century
- 3.2 20th century
- 3.3 21st century
Politics and World Affairs
- 0314: In the Battle of Cibalae the forces of Constantine the Great defeated in Pannonia the army of the Eastern Roman emperor Licinius.
- 0705: Al- Walid I, under whose reign the empire reached its greatest expansion of the Umayyad Caliph is.
- 1075: Dmitar Zvonimir is crowned by an emissary of Pope Gregory VII in Solin to the king of Croatia.
- 2000: After the abdication of his father, Jean Henri is the new Grand Duke of Luxembourg.
- 2000: Aleksander Kwasniewski is re-elected as President of Poland.
Science and Technology
- 0777: The Hammelburger Mark description, the minutes of a border survey and one of the oldest records in Old High German, is formed.
- 0451: The Ecumenical Council of Chalcedon begins.
- 1991: The Catholic theologian Eugen Drewermann be withdrawn by the Archbishop of Paderborn, Johannes Joachim Degenhardt, teaching permission.
- 2005: In a major earthquake in Kashmir, an area where the Indian tectonic plate moves northward against the Eurasian, approximately 80,000 people are killed.
Minor accidents are listed in the sub- items of disaster.
Entries of Athletics world records are located under the respective discipline under Athletics.
Before the 19th century
Before the 20th century
- 2002: Joachim Zahn, German industrialist
- 2002: Philippe Boutros Chebaya, Lebanese Bishops
- 2003: Kozo Ando, Japanese Kendoka
- 2004: Jacques Derrida, French philosopher
- 2004: Reiner Schreiber, German politician ( CDU)
- 2004: Rico Weber, Swiss artist
- 2005: Joachim Dalsass, South Tyrolean politician
- 2007: Constantine Andreou, Greek - French painter and sculptor
- 2008: Herbert Boetticher, German actor
- 2008: Hogan Wharton, American Football player
Holidays and observances
- Religious observances Johannes Mathesius, Bohemian teacher and pastor ( Protestant)
- St. Reparata, Roman martyr ( Catholic)
- St. Thais, Egyptian courtesan ( Catholic)
- State Holidays and observances Croatia: Independence
More entries contains the list of commemorative and action days.
- Day in October