Oelfke? / I is a German surname and a Low German male first name.
Origin and Meaning
The name Oelfke is a Low German diminutive form of the name Olf. After Bahlow Olf is a short form of the name Odolf, of the name elements od " erebter possession " and wolf " wolf " is composed.
After carbon and carbon home home Olf is a variant of Wolf.
The farm name " Oelfkenhof " in Oerbke is detectable already after the Celler treasure register 1438.
Well-known bearers of the name
- Monika Fornaçon, born Oelfke (* 1964), German football referee
- Uwe Oelfke, German physicist ( Medical Physics )
- Tami Oelfken (1888-1957), German writer and educational reformer
- Heinz Oelfke (* 1934), German writer
- William C. Oelfke, American astrophysicist