OGK -3 (Russian ОГК -3, full name Оптовая генерирующая компания № 3, English Third Generation Company of the Wholesale Electricity Market, shortly Wholesale Generation Company, WGC -3) is an energy company from Russia with headquarters in Ulan- Ude. The company is listed on the RTS Russian Trading System in Moscow stock index.
OGK -3 employs approximately 6,000 people (as of 2006).
The company was formed on 23 November 2004 by the merger of six energy companies. 60 percent of OGK -3 are controlled by the Russian company Unified Energy System.
OGK -3 following thermal power plants are operated:
- Kostroma - 3600 MW ( Wolgoretschensk, Kostroma Oblast )
- Tscherepet - 1285 MW ( Suvorov, Tula Oblast )
- Gussinoosjorsk - 1100 MW ( Gussinoosjorsk, Buryatia )
- Pechora - 1060 MW ( Pechora, Komi Republic )
- Juschnouralsk - 882 MW ( Juschnouralsk, Chelyabinsk Oblast )
- Charanor - 430 MW ( Yasnogorsk, Transbaikalia region )
The company is not to be confused with the other Russian companies OGK- 1 to OGK -6, which emerged from the former Group Unified Energy System.