OGK -1 (Russian ОГК -1, full name Оптовая генерирующая компания № 1, English First Power Generating Company on the Wholesale Electricity Market ) is an energy company from Russia with headquarters in the West Siberian Tyumen.
OGK -1 employs some 6,000 people. The company's turnover was about 800 million euros in 2007.
The company was formed on 23 March 2005. Nearly 92 % of OGK -1 shares were held up to its splitting in the summer of 2008 by the Russian company Unified Energy System, about 5 % of Gazprom.
OGK -1 following thermal power plants are operated with a total capacity of 9531 megawatts:
- Iriklinskaja - 2430 MW (including 30 MW hydropower plant; energetics, Orenburg Oblast, in operation since 1970)
- Kashira - 1580 MW ( Kashira, Moscow Oblast; originally in 1922, new 1968)
- Perm - 2400 MW ( Dobrjanka, Perm region; 1986)
- Nizhnevartovsk - 1600 MW ( Islutschinsk, Khanty and Mansi, 1993)
- Urengoy - 24 MW ( Limbjajacha in Novy Urengoy, Yamal-Nenets Autonomous District, 1987, unfinished)
- Werchni Tagil - 1497 MW ( Werchni Tagil, Sverdlovsk Oblast, 1956)