Ole Edvard Antonsen
Antonsen began three years old to play the piano, but soon discovered the trumpet for himself, to which he made such rapid progress that he appeared at the age of seven years now as a soloist with the dance band of his father Odd Antonsen, who also taught him. At ten, he began training at the School of Music in Oslo in Harry Kvebaek. In 1975, he appeared with the Odense Symphony Orchestra. After completing his studies in 1982 he became a member of the Oslo Philharmonic Orchestra.
After winning the 1987 Concours International d' Execution Musicale ( CIEM ) in Geneva and in 1989 a music competition of UNESCO in Bratislava, he began an international career as a solo trumpeter. In the field of classical music, he has worked with the Australian Chamber Orchestra, the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, the BBC Symphony Orchestra, the Berlin Philharmonic, the Czech Philharmonic Orchestra, the Dresden Philharmonic, the English Chamber Orchestra, the Israel Chamber Orchestra, the Sinfonietta Tokyo Kioi, the Stockholm Radio Orchestra and the Württemberg Chamber Orchestra and with conductors such as Jiri Belohlavek, Mariss Jansons, Kent Nagano, Joel Levi and Jeffrey Tate.
He has appeared on with Wayne Marshall, Håvard Gimse and Kåre Nordstoga. His special interests are the compositions by contemporary musicians. As rock and jazz trumpeter, he worked among others with John Miles, the group Level 42, Mark King, Lisa Stansfield, Adam Taubitz and the Willem Breuker Kollektif on. As a soloist and guest soloist, he worked on more than sixty albums. For the crossover album Tour de Force, he received the 1992 Spellemannprisen.
- The Virtuoso Trumpet, works of Heinrich Suter master, Jean Françaix, Ketil Hvoslef, Marcel Bitsch, Claude Pascal, Charles Cushing, Arthur Honegger, Stan Friedman, André Jolivet with Einar Henning Smebye, 1989
- Tour de Force, 1991-92
- Shostakovich Concerto for Piano and Trumpet with the Berlin Philharmonic under Mariss Jansons with Mikhail Rudy, 1995
- Read My Lips, 1997
- Twentieth Century Trumpet works by Henri Tomasi, Bohuslav Martinů, Enescu, Alexander Konstantinovich Glazunov, Alexander Goedicke, Niels Viggo Bentzon, Edvard Hagerup Bull, Eugène Bozza, Gabriel Parès, Jacques Ibert and Hindemith with Wolfgang Sawallisch, piano, 1998
- New Sound of Baroque with the Trondheim Soloists, 2000
- Ars Nova. Music by Wolfgang Plagge with Solveig Kringlebotn (piano ) and Wolfgang Plagge (piano ), 2002
- Willem Breuker collective deep, the Willem Breuker collective depth and the Mondriaan Strings with Henk de Jonge and Alfred Janson, 2002
- Jan van der Roost In Flanders ' Fields Vol.39, I Fiamminghi Chamber Orchestra under Rudolf Werthen and the Symphonic Band Lemmens Institute under Jan van der Roost by Jacob Slagter and Fabio Zanon, 2003
- Absolute, the Spanish Brass Luur metal and Christian Lindberg, 2004
- Frelsesarmeens Juleplate, the Nidaros Cathedral Boys Choir and musicians of the Trondheim Symphony Orchestra Moe Bjørn Roar Engelberg, 2004
- The Golden Age of the Cornet
- Nordic Trumpet Concertos, Works by Harri Wessman, Britta Byström, Alfred Janson, Christian Lindberg with the Nordic Chamber Orchestra, conducted by Christian Lindberg
- Landscapes, works by Antonsen