- FK Rostov
- FK SKA Rostov (1958-1970)
- Russian Cup Final 2010
The football stadium Olimp- 2 (Russian Олимп -2 ) is located in the Russian city of Rostov-on- Don. The FK Rostov receives his opponents to the games here.
In 1930, the stadium was built and opened; at that time still under the name Стадион завода " Ростсельмаш » (German Rostselmash factory stadium). The on-Don Rostov -based company Rostselmash is now the largest agricultural machinery manufacturer in Eastern Europe. Until 1996 it was called, after which simply stated " Ростсельмаш " ( Eng.: Rostselmash ) and in 2002 it was in Olimp- 21 vek (German: Olympus 21 century. ) Renamed. Since 2005, it took on its current name Olimp -2. In the 1950s, the stadium capacity increased to the previous maximum of 32,000 seats.
Early 2000s began the transformation into a pure football stadium. The new grandstand was built in the West. The end of 2002 torn down the old South Stand and should be replaced by a modern building. However, the construction began in January 2008; the only 3500 instead of the planned 7,000 seats has. In December 2008, the new viewers rank has been completed in the South. The construction project cost 56.9 million rubles. Built in 2001 floodlight is adjustable in three stages at 800, 1,000 and 1,200 lux for training, League and international games. In the West Stand is a shopping center.
On 16 May 2010, the Russian Cup final was played at the stadium in Rostov. Was first held in 2010 cup final not in the capital Moscow. The game won Zenit St Petersburg against FK Sibir Novosibirsk 1-0. For the encounter 600 additional VIP seats and 100 journalists courts were established.