The Olivetans or Olivetans interior, actually Benedictine Congregation of Monte Oliveto, (Latin Fratres eremitae de monte Oliveti, Congregation Sanctae Mariae montis Oliveti, monks of Monte Oliveto or from Mount of Olives, religious symbol: OSBOliv ) are a branch of the Order of the Benedictine order. They form the Benedictine Confederation along with other Benedictine monastery associations.
These, counted to the white Benedictine Congregation of the Sienese noblemen Bernardo Tolomei (* 1272, † 1348 ), Patrizio Patrizi and Ambrogio Piccolomini was donated on 26 March 1319, when hermits in Italy movements took place. 1960, joined the Congregation of the Benedictine Confederation. The mother house of Olivetans is the Abbazia di Monte Oliveto Maggiore in the Tuscan province of Siena. Abbot General since 2010, Diego M. Rosa OSB.
The Olivetans interior are also represented worldwide. There is also a monastic community of Sisters of Olivetans Benedictine Sisters in Holy Cross in Cham, Switzerland (Canton train ) that has in 1892 joined the Association of Benedictine Congregation of Monte Oliveto, and as an external station operates the Kneipphof in Dussnang.
- Generaläbte of the Order