51.05472222222213.660555555556175Koordinaten: 51 ° 3 ' 17 "N, 13 ° 39' 38" E
Location of the district Omsewitz in Dresden
Omsewitz is a district of the Saxon capital of Dresden in the local exchange area Cotta.
The two farming villages Omsewitz and Burgstädtel already joined forces in 1905. In 1930 was the annexation to Dresden.
Omsewitz was in 1317 as Omasuwicz ( altsorbisch: People of Omaz ) First mentioned as the Archdeacon of Nisan the Meissen Cathedral donated a manor in the village. Burgstädtels mention followed about 200 years later in the documents, namely 1511 Borckstadtel.
Omsewitz centuries belonged to the Meissner cathedral chapter. It was not until 1559 it came to office in Dresden.
After the First World War was in Omsewitz a large housing development. This also some larger villas were built.
The housing cooperative North -West ( WOBA Dresden) has, together with the railway housing cooperative ( EEC) on the main share of the residential area that has been around since 1985 in Omsewitz. Previously, only stretched wide arable and livestock areas of the territory.
The historic town center was provided by the preservation statute, adopted by the City Council on 4 June 1992, under protection.