58.57805622.9275Koordinaten: 58 ° 35 ' N, 22 ° 56 ' E
Ööriku ( German Oerike ) is a village (Estonian küla ) in the rural community Orissaare ( Orissaare vald ) on the largest Estonian island of Saaremaa ( Osel German ).
Ööriku has 13 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2008). The village is located ten kilometers northwest of Pöide ( Peude ).
In Ööriku the " Church of the Holy Trinity " is the Estonian Apostolic Orthodox Church ( Eesti Apostlik - Õigeusu Kirik - EAÕK ). Since 1849, the Orthodox Church exists. 1873, the church was built with five domes. The bell tower dates from 1900.
On 13 June 2009, a small Orthodox nunnery was inaugurated in Ööriku, the first Orthodox monastery founded in the country after restoration of Estonian independence. A year later, it moved its headquarters because of property disputes in the village of Reo in the rural community Pihtla.
Facade of the church
View of the iconostasis
Nunnery of Ööriku (2009)