OppachEquipment ( Upper Lusatian dialect: Uppach, Upper Sorbian Wopaka ) is a municipality in the district Görlitz, Saxony and is located on the main roads 96 and 98 directly on the border with Northern Bohemia (Czech Republic). With the neighboring Beiersdorf OppachEquipment forms an administrative community.
- 2.1 Place names forms
- 2.2 Managing affiliation
- 2.3 Population development
- 3.1 Coat of Arms
- 3.2 Town twinning
- 4.1 Structures
- 4.2 Trails
- 4.3 Sport
- 5.1 Established businesses
- 6.1 Sons and daughters of the town
- 6.2 freeman
Bounded to the east by the municipality border Spremberg, on the north by the rafts ( Flössel ), a forest is called the " Great Forest ".
Districts are OppachEquipment, fox, oak, Picka and Lindenberg. Unofficially, there are other districts, such as Hatsche, rear corner and Oberndorf.
OppachEquipment, created as Waldhufendorf was first mentioned in 1336 by the mention of a witness named Johann de Opach in a document of the Council Löbauer archive proven. The origin of the place name is probably a variant according to the name of Beiersdorf water back " above the creek " - " Oberbach " - " Obbach " - " OppachEquipment ". OppachEquipment and the neighboring village Taubenheimstraße were the first rural communities in Upper Lusatia, who already joined around 1524 the Reformation. End of the 17th century were sold by the Counter-Reformation in Bohemia, Protestant religious refugees from Fugau and Schirgiswalde OppachEquipment in a new home. Through them the districts fox and oak emerged. With the exiles commercial house weaving held in OppachEquipment collection, later emerged from the first textile factories.
On the Pickaer mountain has built in GDR times, the VEB Gaskombinat "Schwarze Pumpe" a children's summer camp for the children of his company employees and entertain, which was left to decay after 1990.
On 1 April 2006 the old Fugauer road was reopened by a tourist border crossing between OppachEquipment and Schluckenau.
Since 2000 there is a loose alliance of places on both sides of the border, called "Five community " whose members Spremberg, Sohland on the Spree and OppachEquipment on the German side and Jiříkov (Georg Walde ) and Šluknov ( Schluckenau ) are on the Czech side.
Coat of arms
Since 1 April 1995 the parish OppachEquipment leads the current coat of arms. The trained in shield form crest is surrounded by a green border, which on the location surrounding landscape reserve " Upper Lusatian Mountains " indicates. The green of the three leaves and the white background of the upper half of the shield to take on the colors of the Free State of Saxony. The blue of the corrugated strip and the yellow of the background of the lower half of the shield reflect equally echoes the colors of Upper Lusatia. The wavy band symbolizes the Beiersdorf water which " age gap" ie from the bus station. It shares the site - such as the band, the local coat of arms. The three leaves symbolize three of the districts to OppachEquipment: the district of Lindenberg by the lime leaf, the district oaks, founded by Protestant exiles from Schirgiswalde ( the " oak base " ) by the oak leaf and the district Fuchs founded by Bohemian exiles from Fugau (the " Fug " between " ) through a birch leaf, which probably should refer to the noble family of Berka of Duba. The color identity of the leaves to express the solidarity of the districts in place OppachEquipment and their graphical arrangement refers to the geographical location of the districts in relation to the village center: Lindenberg in the northwest, oak in the Northeast and fox in the south.
- Uhingen city in the district of Göppingen (Baden- Württemberg)
Culture and sights
- The OppachEquipment castle was built in 1790 and rebuilt in 1844 for the Saxon Interior Minister Eduard Gottlob Nostic and Jänckendorf. A century later it was used by the land reform as a shelter for refugees and displaced persons. In the 1950s, in a kindergarten was established and later primary education took place in a small, now back torn off, the second building. The castle is currently vacant and in need of renovation.
- Oppacher Ringweg: Dammmühlteich ( boating lake ), Grade II listed half-timbered houses, Bush Mill ( birthplace of H.-G. Zumpe ), the highest point Gallows Hill ( 400 m ) with a view in the Zittau Mountains and the Jizera Mountains
- Oppacher wells path: 4.4 km long, " On the trail of Pegasus " (Logo of Oppacher mineral springs ), eight boards along the path over the landscape and nature of Upper Lusatia as well as on the origin and promotion of mineral water Oppacher
- Trail Grenzmühlteich
- Trail Gondelteich
The stadium grounds at Lindenberg includes two tennis courts ( Rotstein ) and two large soccer fields ( one turf pitch and a greenstone space ) that the tennis club OppachEquipment (TC OppachEquipment eV ) and the game of football club OppachEquipment ( FSV OppachEquipment eV ) are managed. Right next to the sports complex is the Oppacher outdoor swimming pool, a beach volleyball court. Furthermore, there is in the community Oberlausitzer a ski slope, the (SC OppachEquipment eV ) is operated in the winter from the Ski Club OppachEquipment. In Oppacher Kretscham and at the Visitors ( clubhouse ) there is one bowling alley.
Economy and infrastructure
Founded in 1991, Oppacher mineral springs GmbH & Co. KG can look back on until 1886, reaching history as distillation and fruit winery. For non-alcoholic beverages obtained from the six deep well natural mineral water is used only since 1953. One of the typical products from the times of the GDR, the orange pearl is produced to date. In 2000 the company was taken over by the Actris AG.
Sons and daughters of the town
- Zumpe Hermann (1850-1903), conductor
- Carl Adalbert Rangers (1853-1925), a textile manufacturer, Reichstag and Landtag
- Helmut Vietze ( born 1925 ), jazz musician and entertainment
- 2006 first honorary citizen: Anne- Rose neat and tidy ( July 3, 1924 - May 28, 2009), Circle Head of Textile Design and teacher, created a collection of local history documents and textile works