48.3013888888898.8419444444444542Koordinaten: 48 ° 18 ' 5 " N, 8 ° 50' 31" E
Town center of East Village
East Village was until 1971 a municipality in Zollernalbkreis in Baden-Württemberg. Today it is a district with Ortschaftsrat Ballingen. East Village is situated 75 kilometers south of Stuttgart.
- 2.1 religions
- 2.2 Population development
- 4.1 Coat of Arms
- 7.1 Public bodies
The nearest high point is the Warren, 606 m above sea level. NN. Controlling eye-catcher is the mountain with the Hohenzollern Castle Hohenzollern. East Village also offers a good view of the Zollernalb in the East behind Balingen.
The area is covered with coniferous forest. Typical non-serviced areas are the Wacholderheide Hangs with stone bars.
Some of freestanding limestone with good loamy soil. The agricultural soils of the mountian be counted among the best soils of the former district Balingen.
The municipalities are listed clockwise from the north and belong to Zollernalbkreis:
Owingen (district of Haigerloch ), Engstlatt, Balingen, Geislingen.
The first settlement was probably founded in the 7th or 8th century. East Village was first documented in the year 1200. A Albert of East Village sold a fief of the village to the monastery of Salem. Until 1287 the village belonged to the Dukes of Teck. After several pledges it came finally in 1317 to the Counts of Württemberg Eberhard I, the first time a bailiff is mentioned. This East Village Bali gene oldest Württemberg community. Already in the late Middle Ages most of rural prosperity. It was only after 1949 it came to a modest extent for the settlement of industrial. In 1971, the inclusion in the city Balingen. East Village is still the most marked by the agriculture borough Bali gene.
From East Village in 1403 belonged to the newly formed Office Balingen, later Oberamt (Württemberg ) in 1456 for the first time a local court was mentioned. A census in 1525 showed that for the East Village about 500 inhabitants in 63 houses. 48 farmers drawn to it with the Peasants' War. End of the 16th century, the plague raged in the area. 1592 by 662 residents fell in the East Village 225 victim to this disease. 1610 for the first time a schoolmaster in the East Village was mentioned. Six years later, destroyed by a storm ducal Tithe Barn was built. From 1690 the East Village had its own town hall. 1816 there was a famine due to severe drought and crop failure. One spoke of the year without a summer. 1827 the school house was opened opposite the church, in 1832 expanded the church. After another failed crops hiked about 200 inhabitants in 1852 to North America. The community set up for girls and women as an income opportunity a sewing school. In 1875 the new school house, which was used after 1960 as the town hall, inaugurated. 1911 Ostdorf connection received on the electricity and water supply. In 1922 the new school and the festival hall were built. 1951 was abolished the 59 -acre Allmand, a swimming pool has been established. 1971 East Village became a district with Ortschaftsrat. 1990 burned the Zehntscheuer from 1616 and was rebuilt.
Since the Reformation outweigh evangelical Christians. East Village since 1547 belongs to the deanery Balingen. Patron saint is St. Medard, as weather saint typical of the farming community. The tower has existed since 1843 in an octagonal shape with a copper helmet since 1861. The municipality maintained for many decades a community nurse ( deaconess ) for nursing. She had her flat in Beck's yard. Today the pastor or the church community consists of about 1,800 evangelical church members in the East Village and Geislingen. The church council consists of seven elected members and two ex officio members ( pastor and church administrator ). For more than 100 years, the Altpietistische Community (now Apis - Evangelical Community Association Württemberg) is an integral part of religious life in the East Village.
It was only after 1945, there was due to the influx of expellees increasingly Catholics in place.
A common misconception is that the name East Village arises from the fact that it is in the east of Balingen. But this is already therefore incorrect because the village is located north of Balingen. In reality, the name of " Austdorf " comes from.
Mayor Helmut Haug is head of the village administration and chairman of the East Village Ortschaftsrates.
Coat of arms
Blazon: On golden head of the shield, is a lying black stag bar ( Württemberg Horned ), golden plow directed to the left on a black background. The coat of arms is in official use since 1950. For this coat of arms and the following sentence is used: "The most beautiful coat of arms in the world is the plow in the field."
About the county road has Ostdorf good access to the motorway 81 (junction Empfingen ). The public transport is guaranteed by the integrated transport system Neckar -Alb -Donau ( NALDO ). The municipality is located in the comb 331
- Protestant Medarduskirche East Village (Gothic building with nave of 1832)
The main local newspapers are the Zollern -Alb and the Black Forest courier messenger.
By 1960, the municipality still a bulk Schell ( ushers with exclamation ) had.
The Farmers' Museum Ostdorf shows agricultural equipment and rustic rooms and sleeping chamber furniture. It was established in 1981 in the former village school. Another device is the evangelical kindergarten on the village green with three groups.
- Martin Haug (1827-1876), orientalist, born in the East Village