Ostermiething is a market town in Upper Austria in the district of Braunau am Inn in Innviertel with 3190 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2013). The competent court is the district court district Mattighofen until 2004, the village belonged to the district court Wildshut.
Ostermiething is located on 423 m above sea level on the southern edge of the Upper Weilhart Forst in the Upper Innviertel. West of the Salzach river forms the border with Bavaria. The Bavarian city Tittmoning is accessible via a bridge. The expansion is 9.4 kilometers from north to south, from west to east 8.1 km. The total area is 21.7 km ². 25.8 % of the area is forested, 59.9 % of the area is used for agriculture.
As one of the westernmost towns in Upper Austria, the municipality Ostermiething part of the production area of the Alpine foothills as a small production area Upper Innviertel. This is due to its geological structure and the natural production conditions with mean annual temperature of 7.7 ° C and rainfall of around 1000 mm favorable conditions for grassland and forage production. The territory of Ostermiething itself has a pleasant climate through its southwestern exposure. As soil type is found predominantly sandy loam to loamy sand soil type Parabraunerde. The lower terrace on the Salzach is from Aubodentyp.
The municipality includes the following 14 places (in brackets population as of 31 October 2011):
- Diepoltsdorf (93)
- Ernsting (257 )
- Ettenau (99 )
- Felm (32 )
- Gumpling (182 )
- Hollerbach ( 5)
- Marktl (25 )
- Ortholling (11 )
- Ostermiething ( 2031 )
- Roidham (17)
- Simling (171 )
- Sinzing (147 )
- Steinbach (46 )
- Wimm (40 )
The municipality comprises the cadastral Ernsting, Ettenau and Ostermiething.
Coat of arms
Blazon: In Göppelschnitt divided; top right diagonally right riveted of blue and silver, top left in red a silver stake; below in blue on green hills a golden, educated, growing rays sun. The municipality colors are blue, white and red. The red - silver-red indicates the membership of Austria, the gerau preparing blue-silver is a symbol of the long bond with Bavaria. The band under the coat of arms contains the inscription Juste iudicate filii hominum ( "Judge righteous, ye men ( sons )"). It refers to the to 1355 passed here county.
That since the year 600 BC, the Celtic kingdom of Noricum belonging to the municipality is 15 BC incorporated the Roman Empire and remains until 400 AD under Roman rule. To build the 500 Agilolfinger Ostermiething in a farmyard, which is charged under the Franks to a royal Palatinate. From 739-1784 Ostermiething is subject to the archbishopric of Salzburg, then the diocese of Linz. 740 Ostermiething is mentioned in a deed of the Duke Odilo to the cell of St. Maximilian in Bischofshofen first time as Ostermuntingin documented. Under Bavarian Duke Henry the Lion, the parish Ostermiething was built in 1163. For centuries belonged Ostermiething to Bavaria. The Peace of Teschen in 1779 came the entire Innviertel with Ostermiething to Austria. During the Napoleonic Wars shortly Bavarian, the place belongs by resolution of the Congress of Vienna in 1814 to Upper Austria. On December 6, 1927, the municipality is collected at the market. After the annexation of Austria to the German Reich on 13 March 1938, the village belonged to the Upper Danube, after 1945 was the restoration of Upper Austria.
Culture and sights
In the former, in 1462 built rectory and nunmehrigen district retirement and nursing home place in 1941 revealed late Gothic frescoes dry a " topsy-turvy world " that the birds in the water and fish live in trees.
The baroque decorated with rococo parish church was built in 1676-1683 by the famous architect Josef Vilzkotter of Steckenbach. A marble plaque at the left side entrance reminiscent of the initial issue of certificates in Ostermiething by the Agilolfinger Duke Tassilo III. in the year 748
The Ofenwang castle no longer exists today. In its place there is now a farm.
Ostermiething is coming along the road from Salzburg via the Bergheim country road ( L118 ) and / or Lamprechtshausener road ( B156 ) - St. Georgen country road ( L205 ) - Weilhart country road ( L501 ) reachable from Braunau on the Weilhart country road ( L501 ) and Mattighofen on the Oberinnviertler country road ( L503 ) - Frank Inger country road ( L504 ) - Mills County road 1009.
The railway line Bürmoos - Trimmelkam introduced her to the market town with its terminus Trimmelkam up to about four kilometers. Following decision by the Upper Austrian Landtag is the distance that is integrated as S11 in the S-Bahn Salzburg and operated by Salzburg AG, extended up to the outskirts of Ostermiething .. Construction began in November 2013 and works are expected about a year take.
By Ostermiething leads the annual cycling race in August Extremely Race Around Austria. 2010 here was due to the proximity to the target in Schärding the first time the so-called Penalty Points set up where participants have to serve any time penalties.
The beginning in Salzburgian Krimml Tauern bike path runs along the rivers Salzach and Inn to Passau and Saalachstrasse happened at kilometer 198, the Mark Ostermiething community.
The gymnastic and sporting Union Ostermiething is represented in various sports, including football and tennis. In 2011 it celebrated its 60th anniversary. The football club currently playing in the Upper Austrian District League West.
- Elementary school
- Secondary school
- Outdoor pool
- District retirement and nursing home
- Police Inspectorate
Honorary Citizen of:
- Richard Hing Sammer (1912-2004), physician
Sons and daughters of the town:
- Anton Filzmoser (1897-1969 in Braunau am Inn), academic -born painter
- Werner Gruber (born 1970 ), physicist and author who teaches at the University of Vienna
- Hermann Hing Sammer (1960-2004), community physician
- Dieter Muckenhammer ( b. 1981 ), football Bundesliga referee
- Walter Resch (1939-1995), engineer and politician, Vice Mayor of Ostermiething
- Theophil Ruderstaller (1906-1946), Franciscan priest and China missionary
- Ferdinand Tiefnig (* 1965), politician