Otto-William, Count of Burgundy
Otto Wilhelm (French: Otte -Guillaume ) (* probably 958; † September 21, 1026 ) was the eldest son of the Marquis of Ivrea Adalbert II († April 30 971 ), the 960-961 as co-regent with his father, Berengar II King of Italy was, and the Gerberga of Mâcon († December 11 986/991 ), the daughter of Count Otto ( Othon ) and heiress of Mâcon.
After his mother had her second husband at 972 Henry the Great, Count of Nevers and since 956 Duke of Burgundy, married, Otto Wilhelm was adopted by his stepfather. To 982 he received the counties of Macon and Nevers, 995 the Comté ( Franche -Comté ), and was after Henry's death (15 October 1002) claimant to the title of Duke of Burgundy. Henry had at his death next to his adopted son only a four year old daughter.
Robert II, King of France, nephew of Henry, the Duchy but moved back, although it had not previously been part of the royal domain, and imputed it to yourself Otto Wilhelm stood beside Macon and Nevers especially the Free County of Burgundy, the Roman - to German Empire belonged.
Otto Wilhelm married twice: first to 982 Ermentrude of Roucy ( † 5 März 1002/1005 ), the widow of Count Aubry II of Mâcon ( Macon house ) and daughter of the Count of Roucy Renaud Roucy out of the house and the Alverade of Hainault; secondly before 1016 Adélaide whose origin has not yet been determined with certainty. Some historians, such as Constance Brittain Bouchard, believe that Adelheid (also called Blanche ) of Anjou, daughter of Count Fulk II, Otto Wilhelm was second wife.
He only had children from his first marriage:
- Guido I, probably 975 * † probably 1004 997 Count of Mâcon; ∞ to 991 Aelis of Mâcon, daughter of Count II Liétald
- Mathilde, probably 975 *, † 1005 to 995 ∞ Landry of Monceau Count of Nevers, † 1028
- Gerberga, probably 985 *, † 1020/1023; ∞ to 1002 William II of Provence, † 1018 before May 30
- Rainald I. ( Renaud I. ), probably * 990, † 3 / 4 September 1057, 1026, Count of Burgundy; ∞ before September 1, 1016 Adeleide ( Judith ) of Normandy, † 7 July, after 1037, daughter of Count Richard II
- Agnes, probably * 995, † November 10, 1068 Sacred; ∞ I 1019 William III. Count of Poitou, as William V Duke of Aquitaine, † January 31, 1030; ∞ II January 1, 1032, divorced 1049/1052, Gottfried II ( Geoffroy II ) Martel, Count of Anjou, † September 9, 1067
- ? Benno, archdeacon in Langres