- (2S, 5R, 6R ) -3,3 -dimethyl- 6-( 5-methyl- 3-phenyl- isoxazol- 4- ylcarboxamido )-7- oxo-4 -thia -1 - azabicyclo [3.2.0 ] heptane - 2-carboxylic acid (IUPAC)
- Oxacillinum (Latin )
- C19H19N3O5S ( oxacillin )
- C19H18N3NaO5S · H2O ( monosodium salt monohydrate )
- 66-79-5 ( oxacillin )
- 1173-88-2 ( monosodium salt)
- 7240-38-2 ( monosodium salt monohydrate )
Antibiotics staphylococcal penicillins
188 ° C ( oxacillin monosodium salt monohydrate )
Water: 27.8 mg · l-1 (25 ° C)
Sodium salt monohydrate
1490 mg · kg -1 ( LD50, mouse, i.v.)
Template: Infobox chemical / molecular formula search available
Oxacillin (. Tradename: InfectoStaph ® ( D), Stapenor ® ointment ad us.vet (cattle) (D)) is an antibiotic in the class of Isoxazolylpenicilline; so-called staphylococcal penicillins.
Clinical scope of oxacillin are penicillinase- staphylococcal strains. Here it serves as Leitantibiotikum. Nosocomial infections are, however, increasingly caused by multidrug-resistant strains of Staphylococcus aureus, one speaks in this case of oxacillin Water-resistant Staphylococcus aureus strains, ORSA short. Equivalent is the term more commonly used as methicillin- resistant Staphylococcus aureus, or MRSA for short. Background of these different names is the approval of methicillin in the U.S. and oxacillin in Europe.
More penicillinaseresistente antibiotics cloxacillin, dicloxacillin, flucloxacillin and methicillin, methicillin which is nowadays used either therapeutically or for the testing of the sensitivity.