Paducah Freight House
The Nashville, Chattanooga, and St. Louis Railway Office and Freight House or easier Paducah Freight House is a historic railway building in Paducah, Kentucky.
1852, the first basis for the construction of a railway line was laid to Paducah. Lloyd Tilghman, the leading man in the New Orleans and Ohio Railroad had put the first eleven kilometers of track, was joined by the Paducah with Florence Station, Kentucky.
The cargo terminal building was built in 1925 by the Nashville, Chattanooga and St. Louis Railway, which for the future mergers with other rail companies hoped, about the Cleveland, Cincinnati, Chicago and St. Louis Railway. Thus, the construction turned out bigger than he was actually needed because the merger has not been realized. The station has traditionally served for the handling of fruits and vegetables, ie goods that require a constant cooling between the trains and the transport vehicles of the middlemen. The railway company was in the 1957 Louisville and Nashville Railroad on. 1974 built the L & N in their workforce from Paducah and offset the remaining workers to another freight depot in the city. The Johnston Backus Brokerage Company bought the building in November 1976. As Johnston and Backus 1993 withdrew into retirement, they sold the property to Charles and Carolyn Simpson, who is a einrichteten antiques trade.
The cargo building is a two storey building with a limestone base. Its appearance with the Palladin windows and the dormer windows with cornices and the Endmauern reminiscent of the Tudor style. The openings of the building are emphasized by the different colored bricks.
Adjacent to the Paducah Railroad Museum, which was originally located on the second floor is located. but was resettled in the sale.