Pak Phli District
Amphoe Pak Phli ( Thai อำเภอ ปากพลี ) is a district ( Amphoe - administrative district ) in the eastern part of Nakhon Nayok. The Nakhon Nayok province is located in the northeast of the central region of Thailand.
Neighboring districts (from west clockwise): Amphoe Mueang Nakhon Nayok Nakhon Nayok Province, Amphoe Pak Chong Nakhon Ratchasima Province and Amphoe Prachantakham, Mueang Prachin Buri and Ban Sang of Prachinburi Province.
The district Pak Phli 1893 set up, it was initially called Bung Rai ( บุ่ง ไร่ ). 1905, the district was renamed in Nong Pho ( หนอง โพธิ์ ). In the same year the administration was moved in Tambon Pak Phli to Ban Tha Daeng. Therefore, the government called this district Khao Yai. The same Khao Yai National Park was inaugurated here in 1962. In 1909, the district got its present name Pak Phli.
The name of the district dates back to the time when the country people were moving mainly on the water. During the rainy season the flow at the mouth of Khlong Yang was so strong that it often came to accidents. They began to build a shrine at the mouth, to remember the dead and to be able to sacrifice a protective deity. This process is in Thai Phli or Phli called Kam ( พลี or พลีกรรม ). Later the canal was therefore called Khlong Pak Phli, this name has been used over time for the resort and the Tambon.
The Amphoe Pak Phli is divided into 7 communes ( tambon), which further into 51 villages ( Muban ) are divided.
The small town ( thesaban tambon) Ko Wai ( Thai: เทศบาล ตำบล เกาะ หวาย ) covers parts of the tambon Ko Wai.
There are also seven - Tambon administrative organizations ( " Tambon Administrative Organizations" - TAO, Thai: องค์การ บริหาร ส่วน ตำบล ).