Pak Tho District
Amphoe Pak Tho ( Thai: อำเภอ ปากท่อ ) is a district ( Amphoe ) in the province ( Changwat ) Ratchaburi, Central Thailand. It is located in the south of the province.
Neighbouring districts (from west clockwise): Amphoe Ban Kha which, Chom Bueng, Mueang Ratchaburi and Wat Phleng the province of Ratchaburi, Amphoe Amphawa Samut Songkhram Province Amphoe Khao Yoi, and Nong Ya Plong Phetchaburi Province.
The government separated in 1900 from Amphoe Mueang Ratchaburi part of it and set a new one county, the " Tha Nat Wat Pradu " ( Thai: ท่า นัด วัด ประดู่ ) was called. The administration building was before Pradu Monastery ( Wat Pradu ) on Pradu canal ( Khlong Pradu ) in Tambon Chom Prathat - this place is now part of Amphoe Wat Phleng. For district also belonged to the Tambon Pak Tho. Because the district administration was also near the Om River, the district also " Maenam Om " ( แม่น้ำ อ้อม ) was called. In the dry season the water level of Khlong Pradu was too low to be navigable and there were no roads at that time. Therefore, the county government was moved in 1917 to near the train station in Tambon Pak Tho.
Amphoe Pak Tho is divided into 12 communes ( tambon), which in turn in 88 villages ( Muban ) are divided.
There are two small towns ( thesaban tambon) in the district:
- Pak Tho ( Thai: เทศบาล ตำบล ปากท่อ ) consists of parts of the tambon Pak Tho,
- Thung Luang ( Thai: เทศบาล ตำบล ทุ่ง หลวง ) consists of the whole Tambon Thung Luang.
There are ten " Tambon Administrative Organizations" (TAO, องค์การ บริหาร ส่วน ตำบล - administrative organizations) in the district.