Parsberg is the fourth largest city in the Upper Palatinate district of Neumarkt in der Oberpfalz.
- 2.1 Amalgamations
- 3.1 City Council
- 3.2 Coat of Arms
- 3.3 Town twinning
- 4.1 Museums
- 4.2 Structures
- 4.3 Sport
- 5.1 traffic
- 5.2 Established businesses
- 5.3 Formation
The municipality Parsberg has 34 officially designated neighborhoods:
- Bien mill
- Sheet mill
- Christl mill
- Hack Mayrhofen
- Hammer mill
- Wood Home
- Cats rock
- Upholstery mill
- Ruden Mayrhofen
- Stone mill
- Weiher Stetten
In 1952, the market Parsberg was designated city.
On January 1, 1971, until then independent municipality Ruden Mayrhofen was incorporated. On 1 July 1971, added Darshofen. Mr. Ried and Willenhofen as well as parts of the dissolved municipalities Ronsolden and lake were added on 1 January 1972. Hörmannsdorf and parts of the disbanded community Degerndorf followed on 1 May 1978.
The 20 seats in the city council allocated as follows:
- CSU 7 seats
- Parsberger Wählergemeinschaft 5 seats
- SPD 3 seats
- Free Voter Country 2 seats
- Young citizens 2 seats
- Green 1 seat
(As at municipal election on March 2, 2008)
Coat of arms
Blazon: Shared; red at the top, bottom split of black and silver.
The coat of arms is known since 1813 and was renewed in 1950.
Since 1987 the French town Vic- le -Comte in the Auvergne twin city of Parsberg.
Culture and sights
- The Parsberger Castle Museum includes macroeconomic and local history collections. It arose from the acquisition and merger of the collections of two late teacher and collector ( main teacher Spörer from High Castle and Headteacher Singer from Parsberg ). In 2007, the Museum is a contemporary history department was expanded, which is the time between the era of Bismarck and the end of the Second World War and it shows both regional and supra-regional aspects.
- The Parsberg Castle on " Castle Hill " was until its extinction in 1730, the seat of the noble family Parsberger.
See also: List of monuments in Parsberg
- Wave pool Jura -Mare
Economy and infrastructure
Parsberg is located on the Autobahn 3 Nuremberg -Regensburg (exit # 94 ), near the main road 8 Neumarkt- Regensburg. At the main railway line Nuremberg - Regensburg Parsberg is RE- station. Since September 2013 an extension of the line is checked S3 of the Nuremberg S -Bahn from Neumarkt to Parsberg.
Parsberg is known by a resident there specialized hospital for tuberculosis treatment with very secure isolation nationally and einzgartig for the Federal Republic of Germany.
- Elementary and middle school
- Edith Stein Realschule
- School Parsberg
- Special Educational Support Center
Sons and daughters of the town
- Johann Baptist Hierl (1856-1936), Auxiliary Bishop of Regensburg.
- Konstantin Hierl (1875-1955), Reich Labor Leader of the Reich Labor Service.
- Wolfgang M. Heckl (born 1958 ), Director-General of the Deutsches Museum in Munich
- Alfred Spitzner (1921-1992), politician ( CSU), district president of the Upper Palatinate tags
- Ludwig Stiegler (* 1944), politician ( SPD)