• SPÖ: 8
  • ÖVP: 7

Parschlug until the end of 2014 a municipality with 1728 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2013 ) in the judicial district of Bruck an der Mur and in the political district of Bruck- Miirzzuschlag in Styria. The community will be dissolved on 1 January 2015 as part of the Styrian municipality structural reform and incorporated into the neighboring town of Kapfenberg. This is based on the Styrian community structure reform law - StGsrG. In an October 27, 2013 by plebiscite conducted 75% of the population spoke out against a merger with Kapfenberg.

  • 3.1 Coat of Arms


Parschlug is located north of Kapfenberg at the foot of Zöbererhöhe.

Community structure

The municipality comprises the three villages (in brackets population as of 31 October 2011):

  • Göritz ( 573)
  • Parschlug ( 1151 )
  • Pönegg (11)

The municipality comprises the cadastral Göritz and Parschlug.


The first mention is found in a deed of gift to the monastery Viktring from the year 1203. Around 1800, the lignite was the commercial exploitation started. Today's church was founded in 1854. In 1959, the coal industry in Parschlug was adjusted.


Mayor since 2002 Franz Jauck of the SPÖ.

Coat of arms

The award of the municipality coat of arms was made with effect from 1 December 1959. Blazon (Coat of Arms description): " In a split of green and gold shield two diagonally crossed golden ears at the top and the black mine mark ( hammer and chisel ) in the lower field. "