Paul Blackthorne ( born March 5, 1969 in Wellington, Shropshire ) is an English actor in film, television and radio.
He spent his early childhood at various military sites in England and in Germany. His first acting experience made Blackthorne as a teenager in performances of the National Youth Music Theatre. He was involved in the production The Leaving of Liverpool, which was shown at the Edinburgh Festival and in London's West End. He later starred in The Ragged Child and guested with this production at the Bergen International Festival. The mid-1990s he played at the Nottingham Playhouse in the play Suddenly, Last Summer by Tennessee Williams.
Blackthorne then first played in some commercials on television. He also served as a spokesperson for radio advertising. In the Oscar for "Best Foreign Film " nominated Indian film Lagaan - Once Upon a Time in India Blackthorne played the character of Captain Russell. For the role, he learned Hindi six months.
In the German media landscape he reached attention through the Lipstick Jungle series. There he plays the husband of Wendy Healy ( Brooke Shields ). In the series 24, he played the role of Stephen Saunders in 2004. 2007/2008 he played the lead role of the wizard Harry Dresden in crime and fantasy series The Dresden Files. In addition to CSI: Miami and Monk, he starred in many other television series with.
Besides his work as an actor Blackthorrne also works as a photographer. His exhibition Delhi to Manhattan was shown from April to June 2009 at Tibet House in New York City.
- 2001: Lagaan - Once Upon a Time in India ( Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India)
- 2004: Emergency Room - The emergency room (ER, TV series, 5 episodes)
- 2004: 24 (TV series, 10 episodes)
- 2007: The Dresden Files (TV series, 12 episodes)
- 2008-2009: Lipstick Jungle (TV series, 20 episodes)
- 2010-2011: White Collar ( TV series)
- 2012: The River (TV series, 8 episodes)
- Since 2012: Arrow ( TV series)