The term pen turning, pen spinning in English (also Pentrix or Pentricks ) and called in Japaneseペン 回しpen mawashi, refers to the turning of a pen with your fingers or hand.
Since one can make pen spinning almost anywhere and at almost any occasion, it is particularly common among students, and is preferably operated in the classroom.
Pen turning is similar to the bar turning, only that the pin is much smaller than a bar. Since the pin as the fingers usually does not leave the rod turning, this falls under the contact juggling (English: contact juggling ). However, in contrast to the pen turning requires rotating rod significantly more tact, but which does not have to be present from the beginning, but also greatly evolved over the training. Furthermore, there is the pen turning more room for tricks.
The first major Pen Spinning Website was established by the Japanese Hideaki Kondoh. Living in the United States and Penspinnern known as " Kam" Fernando Kuo is often associated with the development of Penspinnings in its present form. The UPSB founded by him (Universal Pen Spinning Board) was also the first major international platform on pen spinning and put ultimately the foundation for establishing further Penspinningforen in numerous countries.
With him there was the Legendary 4, which have done much to spread Penspinning on. Together, they have laid the foundation to all of this, what is understood today as " PenSpinning ". The Legendary 4 consist of David Weis, Kam, Tholz and NHK.
Seen very simply, all you need is any pen. However, there are, as far as thickness, length, shape and weight of the pins, a lot of differences with a huge selection on the market. For beginners especially ink eraser are suitable because they are almost always built on the same principle, further ink eraser are well balanced and have an adequate length. It is easier to " spin " if you are on the ends of the ink eraser two grips (rubber hand grips the other pins, eg pens ) attached. Pencils and wooden pencils are generally more common opinion by experienced pen turner too easy and you do not have with them enough feel in the hand.
Advanced modify the pins with parts of other pins or misappropriated the rest. This parts are glued on, replaced, filed or even melted. Meaning of modification, it is usually to shift the focus of the pin to increase the momentum (moment of inertia ), or simply to make the pin in shape and color. Very often just " brains " of the ends are plugged in, as it is inexpensive and quick to perform. Ask a further possibility of easy modification " Tips" dar. "Tips" are the metal parts of the writing end of a pen to modification purposes they are simply plugged or glued. But there are also some pins, which are real works of art, in which ( engl. modify, rebuild ) a modder the pen especially nicely designed, for example, with an inlay or outlay (English insert, or a paper which is within or outside of the pin attaches ) and the peg otherwise decorated in color.
When pen turning, there are many different tricks and almost infinitely many ways to invent new ones. As basic tricks (Basics) and a basis for further tricks are the Thumbaround, the Sonic, the finger pass, the batch and partly also of Infinity. Some tricks can be combined to so-called " Combos ", where the tricks ideally completely fluently into one another and thus have a high show effect, and are therefore particularly nice to look at. There are many known combos, but in the end are combos to freestyle tricks as there are a huge number of variants. Beginners have their difficulties especially with the necessary fine motor skills.
- " Aerial" tricks are tricks, wherein the pin is no longer in the hand, but in the air. The most famous Aerial trick is the " Thumbaround Release ". In this case, the pin while the pin around the thumb is just thrown up. One should begin " Palm Down" the pen then though.
- In Around tricks the pin is rotated around a finger. Best known here is the ThumbAround (English " around the thumb around " ), in which the pen around your thumb is rotated. In Around tricks there is always a reverse variant in which the pin is rotated in the opposite direction. Furthermore, there are always different degrees variants where the pin either repeatedly rotated about the finger, or in which it is first rotated several times on the palm, and then resumed.
In Thumb, index, middle, ring, Pinkyarounds ( around the thumb, index finger, middle finger, ring finger, little finger), there is also the possibility they fingerless (abbreviation: fl; without fingers ) to perform. For this purpose, the hand is moved so that the pin without the intervention of another finger rotated at the finger concerned.
- The pass is one of the simple tricks. This trick is unconsciously passed by many people. The most famous pass the finger pass, which is already a combo of individual passport. Here, the pin is provided by a finger to the next. Although this is one of the easiest tricks, the difficulty lies in perfecting this trick.
- In Sonic tricks it is important that the pin changes the position with the help of a sweeping turn. This mostly all fingers except the thumb are used. Again, there is always a reverse variant.
- When charge the pen between two fingers is rotated.
- The Infinity has its name from its movement, as this like a figure eight, so a infinity symbol ( lemniscate ), looks ( engl.: infinity ). Is often mistakenly claimed that Infinity tricks are those that can be continued indefinitely, as they return to their original position. Although this is also how the trick Infinity the case, however, are the tricks that can be performed continuously provided with the continuous apposition.