PepsiCo, Inc. is an American beverage and food company with headquarters in Purchase, New York. PepsiCo is currently the largest competitor of the Coca -Cola Company.
Today's manufacturer PepsiCo went in 1965 from a merger of Pepsi- Cola and Frito -Lay forth. In 1990 the company employed about 308,000 employees. Tropicana was acquired in 1998. 2001 again joined one with the Quaker Oats Company together, thus creating the world's fifth- largest food and beverage company, whose importance is recognized in that moment with 22 of its brands sales is made of at least one billion U.S. dollars per year. Currently PepsiCo is behind Nestlé 's second largest food and beverage company in the world.
Investments and Subsidiaries
Subsidiary is guided in the stock index S & P 500 companies Pepsi Bottling Group. In May 2005, PepsiCo acquired from the American Beverage company Sunny Delight Beverages among others, the German brand Punica and thus increased also in the German fruit juice market.
By 1997, some fast food chains were under the umbrella brand Tricon Restaurants Inc. (trading since 2002 as Yum! Brands) for PepsiCo Group. These included Kentucky Fried Chicken, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell.
PepsiCo has in addition to the five major brands Pepsi, Tropicana, Frito- Lay, Quaker and Gatorade many smaller ones.
- Pepsi, Pepsi -Cola, Caffeine -Free Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Caffeine - Free Diet Pepsi, Caffeine -Free Diet Pepsi, Wild Cherry Pepsi, Pepsi BOOM!, Pepsi Vanilla, Pepsi With Lime, Pepsi Max, Pepsi Twist, Pepsi ONE, Pepsi X and Pepsi Ice.
- Mountain Dew
- Other American carbonated soft drinks such as Frawg, Mug Root Beer, Sierra Mist and Tropicana Twister Soda
- 7 Up (in Europe)
- Other American beverages such as Aquafina, Dole juices, Gatorade, Mountain Dew AMP, Propel Fitness Water, SoBe, Quaker Milk Chillers and Tropicana
- Drinks, which are marketed outside the United States: Alvalle, Concordia, Copella, Evervess, Fiesta, Frui'Vita, Fruko, Kas, Looza, Manzanita Sol, Mauby Fizzz, Mirinda, Paso de los Toros, Radical Fruit, San Carlos, Schwip Schwap, Shani, Teem, Triple Kola, and Yedigün
- Frito -Lay brands: Baken - ets, Barcel, Bocabits, Cheese Tris, Cheetos, Chester's, Chizitos, Churrumais, Cracker Jack, Crujitos, Doritos, Fandango, Fritos, Funyuns, Gamesa, Go Snacks, Grandma 's Cookies, Hamka 's, Lay's, Miss Vickie 's, Munchies, Munchos, Nik Naks, Oberto Meat snacks, Quavers, Rold Gold, Ruffles, Rustler 's Meat sticks, Sabritas, Sabri Tones, Santitas, Smart Food, The Smith 's Snack Food Company, Sonric 's, Stacy 's Pita chips, Sun chips, Tor tees, Tostitos, Walkers, and Wotsits
- Rockstar ( in Germany )