Ma began his motorsport career in 1994 and first took part only in Asian races. From 2003 to 2011 Ma took part in several races of the Asian Porsche Carrera Cup. His best Overall rank he achieved in 2009 with the seventh rank.
In addition, Ma went occasionally in international racing series at the start. In 2004, he took in a Lamborghini Murciélago R- GT from DAMS in the race of the FIA GT Championship in Zhuhai part. In 2009, he started in an Aston Martin V8 Vantage GT2 at the two 500 - kilometer race at Okayama in the Asian Le Mans Series. End of the season 2010, he debuted in the World Touring Car Championship ( WTCC) and launched at the Macau Grand Prix in a Honda Accord Euro R. In 2011, he competed in a BMW 320si Proteam Motorsport on the last two race weekends of the WTCC in Shanghai and Macau. He remained as last season without points. His best individual placing in the WTCC is a 15th place.
- 2005: Asian Porsche Carrera Cup ( 12th place)
- 2006: Asian Porsche Carrera Cup ( 13th)
- 2007: Asian Porsche Carrera Cup ( 12th place)
- 2008: Asian Porsche Carrera Cup ( 14th)
- 2009: Asian Porsche Carrera Cup ( 7th place)
- 2009: Asian Le Mans Series, LMGT2 ( 9th place)
- 2010: Asian Porsche Carrera Cup ( 14th)
- 2010: WTCC
- 2011: Asian Porsche Carrera Cup ( # 27 )
- 2011: WTCC