Piazza Barberini is a square in the historic center of Rome. He is one of the nodal points of road traffic in the inner city; there is also a stop on line A of the underground Rome.
The course was created in the 16th century. He wears the current name since 1625. It was named after the adjacent Palazzo Barberini. Until the 18th century unknown dead were kept on the court, so that they could be identified.
In the square there is the Triton Fountain. Another fountain in the area is the bees Fountain by Gian Lorenzo Bernini from the year 1644th It is located on the street Via Vittorio Veneto, near the square.