Pieńkowo ( German Pennekow ) is a village in the Polish West Pomeranian Voivodeship. It is part of the rural municipality ( gmina wiejska ) Postomino ( Pustamin ) in the powiat Slawienski ( Schlawe ).
- 3.1 parish
- 3.2 Village Church
- 6.1 Literature
- 6.2 External links
The 2.5- kilometer road Pieńkowo village is located on the province road 203 Ustka ( Stolpmünde ) via Darłowo (Rügenwalde ) to Koszalin ( Koszalin ). Shortly after the east exit of the village opens a coming of Sławno ( Schlawe ) side street in the road. By 1945 Pennekow was a railway station on the railway line Schlawe - Stolpmünde.
Pieńkowo has an altitude of 20 meters above sea level in a flat undulating landscape, the highest peak south of the village is 35 m. Neighboring municipalities are Chudaczewo (Alt Kuddezow ) to the west, Królewko ( Krolow ) and Marszewo ( Marsow ) in the north, Postomino ( Pustamin ) and Tyn ( Thyn ) in the east and Wilkowice ( Wilhelmina) and Chudaczewko ( New Kuddezow ) in the south.
The name first appears on atonement in a letter that in 1409 a " Jungke Hennynk Below to Pennekow " signs. Already at that time, therefore, was the family von Below located here. It will remain until 1945.
In 1452 the knights here, also based Heinrich Sanitz donated his half of the village at the Carthusian monastery Marienkron with the obligation to his widow to pay 600 marks. The Sanitzsche share passed to the family of Below after the Reformation.
In 1784 Pennekow had two outworks, 11 farmers, 6 Kossäten, 1 school master, 1 blacksmith and a total of 36 fire pits and was therefore one of the largest villages in the area. At that time belonged to the estate Pennekow an area of 818 hectares, of which 529 acres of arable and 220 acres of woodland. After the abolition of serfdom, the farm estate to Seehof, a town on the eastern edge of the village had to be relocated.
In 1818 lived in Pennekow 336 inhabitants, in 1885 there were 724, and in 1939 the number was 701 Pennekow until 1945 belonged to the congregation the towns of Great Waldhof (now Polish: Mszane ) Heinrichsfelde ( Budisław ), Small Waldhof ( Mszanka ), new or small Pennekow ( Pieńkówko ), Raven castle ( Rogacz ) and Seehof ( Stawiska ).
The parish was until 1945 in the district Schlawe i Pom. of the administrative district of the Prussian province of Pomerania Pomerania.
On March 8, 1945, Soviet troops occupied their advance to Stolp and Stolpmünde the place. The German population was expelled on 8 December 1945. In 1947 it was under Polish administration and received its present name form. It is part of Gmina Postomino ( Pustamin ) and belonged to the Province 1975-1998 Slupsk ( Stolp ) until it came up in the course of structural reform in the provinces of Pomerania and West Pomerania. Today ( 2007) live about 700 residents here, the community leaders is Leszek Podemski.
Local structure to 1945
The municipality Pennekow before 1945 were six villages and Places:
By 1945, the vast majority of the population Pennekower Protestant denomination. The village was a filial community of the parish church in the county Pustamin Rügenwalde the Church Province of Pomerania in the Protestant Church of the Old Prussian Union.
In 1817 Pennekow was ausgepfarrt from the parish Pustamin and relocated to Mützenow. The main reason was the Pennekower patron Heinrich von Below, who called a protest movement into life ( the so-called " Belowsche movement " ) to oppose the rationalistic pastor Johann Christoph Friedrich Tischmeyer to fight back. This neupietistische revivalism summarized later throughout Pomerania foot. Was there also briefly tensions with Mützenow, both places were still only separated again in 1852. Pennekow came for a few years after Old Kuddezow ( Chudaczewo ). Only in 1863 came a Reunification of Pennekow and Pustamin.
Before 1945, the church patronage held for Pennekow the owner of the goods Seehof, born last Sybille chess from Wittenau von Below. 1939 was one of the branch community 800 church members who were last serviced by Pastor Samuel Jobst.
Today, the inhabitants of Pieńkowo predominantly Catholic denomination. The evangelical Christians are managed by the Parish Office in Slupsk in the Diocese of Pomerania - Greater Poland the Evangelical-Augsburg Church in Poland.
The church in Pieńkowo is now called " Christ the King Church," is a recent one. The tower of plastered stone masonry field, however, dates back to the Middle Ages. The altar and the interior were built in the 17th or 18th century. On the south wall there hung a carved crucifix, but which is revised repeatedly.
In the carving of the altar were left Belowsche the coat of arms with the three male heads, the right of the grip attached with Störschwanz.
A schoolmaster, there were already 1784 in Pennekow. The two-class school with teacher's house was next to the church. At the school building a sports field was created. The last German schoolmaster before 1945 were Alfred Kropp and Ernst Giese and the teacher Campenhausen.
Personalities: sons and daughters of the town
- Casper Ludwig von Below (1745-1794), District Administrator of the circles Karthaus and Dirschau, country director in West Prussia