Pier Ferdinando Casini
Casini was first elected in 1983 for the Christian Democrats in the Italian Chamber of Deputies. In 1993 he was one of the founders of the Centro Cristiano Democratico, which is now merged into the UDC. From 1994 to 2001, Casini Member of the European Parliament until 1995 in fraction Forza Europe, then in the EPP-ED group. After Berlusconi's election victory in 2001 Casini was elected President of the Italian Chamber of Deputies and held this office until 2006. From 2005 to 2008, Casini President of the Inter-Parliamentary Union.
Casini has two daughters from his first marriage with Roberta Lubich. After the divorce, he is dating with the contractor daughter Azzurra Caltagirone, whom he married after eight years together in October 2007 and with whom he has two children together.
- 2001: Norwegian Order of Merit
- 2002: Grand Gold Medal with Ribbon for Services to the Republic of Austria
- 2002: Grand Cross of the Order of the Lithuanian Grand Duke Gediminas
- 2002: Grand Cross of the Order of Merit of the Republic of Poland
- 2003: Grand Cross of the Order de Isabel la Católica
- 2004: National Order of Merit
- 2005: Grand Cross of the Order of Infante Dom Henrique