His ancestors came from Beaufort ( Luxembourg ) and Metz ( France). He studied from 1959 to 1965 in Wiesbaden piano and composition from 1964 (with Karl -Wilhelm Brühl). From 1966-1973 followed in Frankfurt, Würzburg and Mainz, the study of jurisprudence, especially the history of law, and from 1969 to 1973 in Mainz church music (with Diethard Hellmann ).
Since 1966, numerous performances of orchestral music, chamber music, and sacred music in Germany, Luxembourg, the United States and China, including the song cycles " Homeless " (2007) and " You're like a flower " (2009), "Tango para los OIDOS " (2005 ), dithyramb for Strings (1966 ), Trio for flute, clarinet and bassoon (2001), Neuf caractères pour violon et piano (2004 ) Sonata for cello and piano (2004), " Nassau oblige" for woodwind quartet (2008), several works for organ ( since 1966), choral works ( since 1971 ), two cantatas ( 1971/1972 ), Pastorale for four trombones (2002), Fanfare "Sino -Lux " for Brass (2010). Recordings on CD.
According to local history studies in the years 1970 ( Luxembourg and Nassau ) since 1987 research and numerous publications on the history of the House of Nassau and the House of Luxembourg -Nassau, and historical exhibitions. 1984 appointment as a corresponding member of the Historical Section of the Grand Ducal Institute Luxembourg, 1985 appointment to the Historical Commission for Nassau, Luxembourg Grand Ducal House archivist since 2010.
- Two explanations of the feudal rule of Beaufort in 1467 and 1500 In: . Hémecht. Luxembourg. Vol 38 (1986 ), 2, pp. 249-255.
- The journey of Prince Nicolas to Nassau to St. Petersburg and Moscow for the coronation of Tsar Alexander II in: Bad Emser books, No. 99 (1991 ), pp. 3-34.
- Adolph, Duke of Nassau, Grand Duke of Luxembourg: a picture of life. In: Adolph, Duke of Nassau, Grand Duke of Luxembourg: 1817-1905: an exhibition of the Hessian State Library Wiesbaden. Wiesbaden: Hessian State Library, 199, pp. 11-64. (Directories and the Hessian library Wiesbaden writings; 1)
- The Princes of Nassau -Weilburg: political rule in the 18th century. In: Bad Emser booklets, No. 100 (1993), pp. 3-30.
- Luxembourg -Nassau dynasty: the Counts of Nassau at the Grand Dukes of Luxembourg: a nine- hundred -year-old ruler of history in one hundred biographies. Luxembourg, Schortgen, 2000, Luxembourg, V. Buck, 383 pp.
- Nassau oblige: Musicalia from the Grand Ducal Court Library Schlossberg dedicated to the rulers and the rulers of the houses Nassau and Luxembourg (in collaboration with Pierre Even, with the collaboration of guest man ): an exhibition of the Hessian State Library Wiesbaden. Wiesbaden: Hessian State Library, 2008, 143 pp.
- The Nassau House up to the Grand Dukes of Luxembourg. Werl: flare - Verlag, 2009, 48 pp.
- The House of Orange -Nassau to the kings of the Netherlands. Werl: flare - Verlag, 2009, 48 pp.
- Commander of the military and civil service Order Adolphus of Nassau
- Knight Commander of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
- Knight of the Order of the Oak Crown
- Knight of the Order of Constantine