Piet Raijmakers was born in 1956, the sixth of nine children. As a little boy he was interested in horses. His parents ran a small farm in Bussel near Asten.
In his childhood he rode bareback at first, later he was given the opportunity to take riding lessons once a week. Raijmakers first went to secondary school in Deurne, later moving to a technical school. As a teenager, he was given his first pony named Jelke. With him was the only 15 -year-old Piet master of Brabant region. During this time he went to the local blacksmith, who was also a horse breeder, at hand. In addition to shoeing horses, he trained other riders. In 1976 Piet King Rota van de heer Rolvink the title Benelux champion. In 1980, he was with Isocrates S Dutch masters. In this year he also rode horses for the first time by Jo van Schijndel, whose company up to the end of his career was Piet Raijmakers sponsor later. After first time in 1986, participated in an international championship, the World Championships in Aachen, he was a year later with the Dutch team's fourth in the team competition at the European Championships.
In 1991 he moved with his family to Belgium on the Zangersheide of Leon Melchior order, who engaged him as a rider. This year he won with Ratina Z as part of the Dutch team to the Nations Cup of Aachen and the European Team Championship title in La Baule. In the individual competition of the European Raijmakers Ratina Z and reached the fourth place. A year later, the silver medal in the individual competition and the gold medal followed in the team standings at the Olympics in Barcelona. Ratina Z was sold after the great success of Ludger Beerbaum. With his horse Rinitou Z Raijmakers won seven Grands Prix and was several times in the Top 10 of the FEI world rankings. In 1996, Piet a new sponsor: Jewel Court Stables. With his horse 's Jewel Emerald 1996, he won the Dutch championship.
In 1999 he started his own business and took a unanimous decision, the parental family system. He developed into a row and operates since found a breeding, competition and trade stall.
As part of the World Cup tournament in 's- Hertogenbosch ( end March 2010), he ended his athletic career. His sons Piet Raijmakers junior ( 88th rank in the world ranking No. 108) and Joep Raijmakers ( 1291st rank in the world ranking No. 108) are also active in show jumping.
- Ureke (* 2001)
- Van Schijndel 's Curtis (* 1995 Holsteiner )
- Van Schijndel 's Now or Never (* 1995)
- Van Schijndel 's Optical ( * 1996)
- Whitney H
- 2nd place in the Nations Cup in Calgary with Van Schijndel 's Curtis
- 4th place in the Nations Cup in Lisbon with Van Schijndel 's Now or Never
- 6th place in the Nations Cup - Super League at La Baule with Van Schijndel 's Curtis
- 8th place at the World Championships in The Hague with Amadeus Z
- 37th place at the World Championships in The Hague with Amadeus Z
- 5th place at the European Championships in Gijon with Rinnetou Z
- 16th place at the European Championships in Gijon with Rinnetou Z
- 5th place at the World Championships in Stockholm with Zamira
- 47th place at the World Championships in Stockholm with Zamira
- 4th place at the European Championships in Rotterdam with Zamira
- 10th place at the European Championships in Rotterdam with Zamira
- 4th place at the European Championship in St. Gallen with joggers
- 10th place at the European Championship in St. Gallen with joggers
- 8th place at the World Championships in Aachen with joggers
- 39th place at the World Championships in Aachen with joggers