Pinara ( Hittite well Pina -x, Lycian Pinale translated, " rounded"; Πίναρα Greek ) is an ancient town in Lycia, in the southwest of Turkey in the valley of the Xanthos.
She was to Hittite times a center of Lukka countries. Pinaras largest flower set from the 6th century BC, so that it could play a supporting role in the Lycian Federation. In Byzantine times it was apparently in the 9th century an earthquake victim. The re- discovery was the British archaeologist Charles Fellows in 1840.
The site of the village is rich covered with some fairly well-preserved buildings, forming a necropolis on a hill. However, some objects in the past served as a quarry for the nearby village of Minaret Koyu.