Pius Suh Awa
Pius Suh Awa attended schools in Mankon, Bafut and Njindom (1938-1944) and in Njindom ( 1945-1947 ). He joined in 1952 in the small seminary in Sasse College and joined the Bigard Memorial Seminary in 1955 in Enugu, Nigeria. He completed further studies in Rome, where he was ordained priest and on 21 December 1961. In 1962 he returned to Cameroon and was a pastor in Kumba. 1964/65 he was a supervisor in Catholic schools in Western Cameroon. He was appointed vicar general in the diocese Buéa 1968.
Pope Paul VI. appointed him on 20 February 1971 for the Coadjutor Bishop of Buéa with the right of succession and Titular Bishop of Auzegera. The Bishop of Buéa, Julius Joseph Willem Peeters MHM, donated to him on 30 May 1971, the episcopal ordination; Co-consecrators were Paul Mbiybe Verdzekov, Bishop of Bamenda, and Pierre- Célestin Nkou, Bishop of Sangmélima. His campaign slogan was " Ut Cognoscant Te " ( "That they know you ").
Following the resignation of Julius Joseph Willem Peeters ' MHM he was followed on January 29, 1973 after him as Bishop of Buéa.
He initiated in 1973 the establishment of the Seminary of St. Thomas Aquinas in Bambui and 1980 the establishment of a mission station of the Congregation of the Servants of the Holy Child Jesus ( Handmaids of the Holy Child Jesus HHCJ ). In 1985, he founded the Congregation of the Brothers of Martín de Porres ( Congregation of the Brothers of St. Martin de Porres ). In 1994, he made possible the settlement of Mexican Carmelites.
On 30 November 2006, Pope Benedict XVI. its age-related resignation.
- Cameroon Yearbook 1973, 1973, p 53