Xantho poressa female with eggs beneath her abdomen
The Pleocyemata among the decapods ( Decapoda ). They include the most known crustaceans, such as crabs, lobsters, crayfish and shrimp.
The females of the Pleocyemata carry fertilized eggs for a while in their swimming legs below her abdomen with itself, in which the larvae develop to Protozoea or zoea stage. The cancers of the sister group of the Pleocyemata that Dendrobranchiata, operate in contrast, no parental care, their larvae hatch as nauplii. Another feature they are the featherless gills.
The Pleocyemata be divided into ten sub- systems:
- Achelata Scholtz & Richter, 1995
- Means crabs ( Anomura MacLeay, 1838)
- Astacidea ( Astacidea Latreille, 1802)
- Axiidea de Saint Laurent, 1979
- Crabs ( Brachyura Linnaeus, 1758)
- Caridea Dana, 1852
- Gebiidea de Saint Laurent, 1979
- Glypheidea Winkler, 1883
- Polychelida Scholtz & Richter, 1995
- Stenopodidea Claus, 1872
- SA Fosså, & AJ Nilsen: Coral Reef Aquarium. Volume 6, Birgit Schmettkamp Verlag, Bornheim 1998, ISBN 3928819186th