Plumlov ( German Blumenau, also Plumau ) is a city in the east of the Czech Republic. It is located in Moravia, seven kilometers west of the city Prostějov, and belongs to the same okres.
The city is located on the border of the fertile Hanna- level and the hill country Drahan Highlands. The river is dammed Hloučela just east of the city to the reservoir Plumlov. Two kilometers west of the town begins the Truppenübungsplatz Brezina.
Neighboring towns are Mostkovice in the east, and Ohrozim Vícov in the north and in the south Krumsín.
The village was founded in the late 13th century as Vorburgsiedlung. Plumlov castle, built around 1270, was one of the fortifications that King Ottokar II was built to defend the country. The rule soon went into aristocratic hands. John of Luxembourg sold it in 1322 to the Lords of Krawarn. 1347 Plumlov is first mentioned as a settlement, between 1348-84 was the municipal charter. 1495 acquired the Lords of Pernštejna 1590 finally the House of Liechtenstein possession.
The medieval city, brought it to a certain prosperity. However, it lost importance, as John of Pernštejna built a new castle in the near Prostějov. In the Thirty Years' War Plumlov was taken twice: in 1619 by the feudal army, and in 1643 by the Swedes. More looting suffered the place in the years 1741-72 by the Prussians. In 1763 he burned down.
New boom the city experienced only in the middle of the 19th century. In 1846 she received the right to hold an annual three markets, and 1849-1949 was here, the District Court located. In the present, is in Plumlov because of the nearby reservoir, especially the tourism importance of.
The town consists of four districts Plumlov Soběsuky, Žárovice and Hamry.
- The Plumlov castle is one unfinished, generously designed residence of the Liechtenstein noble family from the second half of the 17th century. Nearby are the remains of the original Gothic castle. For the design of the new palace there was a Karl Eusebius Prince of Lichtenstein to the pattern of the Italian Renaissance elaborated concept.
- The reservoir Plumlov, built in the years 1913-1914, is 68 acres in size and holds 5.56 million m³ of water.
- Nature Reserves: In the intensively farmed environment of Plumlov rise among the fields small hills that are covered with grass steppe and in which companies have rare heat- loving plants settled. Some of the hills are protected. The habitats are obtained by sheep and goat grazing and mowing through. Reported previously were the natural monuments Dolni Vinohrádky (0.38 ha, 1952), Čubernice (1.20 ha, 1952), Brániska (1.43 ha, 1953), Za hrnčířkou (0.96 ha, 1953), Hamerská stráň ( 0.57 ha, 1987), Kozi horka ( 0.87 ha, 1989) and the nature reserve Kněží hora ( 8.47 ha, 1989).