It is bounded to the north from the Curonian Lagoon. Center of the Rajons is the small town Polessk ( before the Second World War Labiau ). The rural character Rajon flows through the Dejma ( Deime ), a branch of the Pregel. In Polessk the Polesski channel ( Big Friedrichsgraben ) branches off, which makes a navigable connection of the Pregel to the Memel and the Great Moosbruch flows. The main economic activities of the population are the most cooperative fisheries and agriculture.
The Rajon Polessk consists of the urban community Polesskoje with the city Polessk and two other settlements and four rural communities with a total of 64 settlements.
By Rajonsitz Polessk is a road by-pass connection from Kaliningrad to Sowetsk. The section from Kaliningrad to Polessk is the regional road 27A -026 (ex A190 ), which also passes through the parish seat Turgenewo. Four kilometers from the regional road Polessk branches 27A -036 (ex R512 ) in the Rajonstadt Gwardeisk from. The section of Polessk after Bolschakowo in Slawsk Rajon, the regional road 27A -034, runs through the town of seats Sosnowka and Zalessye. In Bolschakowo the main line is reached after Sowetsk.
Along the Polesski channel leads from Polessk the municipal road 27K - 146 for parish seat Golowkino, whence it reaches the Nemonien river on a pontoon bridge crossing the place Matrossowo. In Krasnoje on Polesski channel the regional road ends 27A -016 (ex R514 ), which branches off near Sorino in Rajon Gwardeisk of the east-west highway of the Kaliningrad Oblast A229 and the regional road 27A -034 crosses in Saranskoje. A bridge over the Polesski channel and thus a connection to the municipal road 27K -146 does not exist.
By Rajon the railway line Kaliningrad Sowetsk leads to the railway stations Slawjanskoje, Polessk, Scholochowo, Petino, Bogatowo and Zalessye - Nowoje.
The Rajon was founded on April 7, 1946 as Labiauski rayon. He was the successor to the existing 1945 circuit Labiau was against this but to the places Lauknen ( 1938-1945 " Hohenbruch " ), Mehlauken ( 1938-1945 " Liebenfelde " ) and Popelken ( 1938-1945 " market Hausen " ) decreased. On September 7, 1946, the city was renamed Labiau Polessk and Rajon rajon in Polesski.
By the given village Soviets in the summer of 1947 also the place Nautzken in Rajon Guryevsk was outsourced. From 1963 to 1965 belonged during a short-term general and administrative reform, the rural areas of Rajon Gwardeisk to Rajon Polessk. In 1965 the place Zalessye ( Mehlauken ) was " again " incorporated into the Rajon.
As part of local government Rajon got first in 2004 the status of a city district ( Полесский городской округ, Polesski Gorodskoi okrug ) and finally in 2008 the status of a " municipal " Rajons ( Полесский муниципальный район, Polesski munizipalny rayon ). The existing six village districts were converted into four rural communities.
Village soviets / village districts 1947-2008
From 1963 to 1965 included the village Soviets Bolschepoljanski, Borski, Kuibyschewski, Ozerki, Saretschenski, Slawinski and Sorinski from the Rajon Gwardeisk to Rajon Polessk.