Location and data
Polizzi Generosa is located in the southern foothills of the Monti Madonie on a 915 m slm rocky outcrop. It is located 88 km southeast of Palermo and about 30 km south of Cefalu.
The inhabitants mainly work in agriculture and construction industries.
Roger I left in 1076 to build a fort around which developed the site. The nickname Generosa ( German: luxuriant, abundant ) received the City of Frederick II, since the soil very fertile and the inhabitants were wealthy.
- Ruins of the fort
- Church of SS Salvatore from the 16th century
- Rampolla Palace
- St. Mary's Church from the 17th century with the sarcophagus of San Gandolfo
Sons and daughters of the town
- Giuseppe Antonio Borgese (1882-1952), Italian historian, professor of literature and writers
- Domenico Dolce ( born 1958 ), fashion designer and co-founder of the fashion company Dolce & Gabbana
- Grandparents of film director Martin Scorsese
- The actor Vincent Schiavelli family is from Polizzi, he lived and worked for the last few years, until his death there