Pont -du- Navoy is a commune in the French department of Jura in the Franche -Comté.
Pont -du- Navoy is located on 480 m above sea level. M., approximately 18 km east-northeast of the town of Lons -le- Saunier (air line). The scattered village extends in the Jura, in the Valley of the Combe d' Ain, at a bridge crossing over the Ain between the crest of the Today in the west and the high plateau of Champagnole in the east.
The area of 9.46 km ² municipal area includes a portion of the French Jura. The central part of the area occupied by the broad valley of the Ain, the average at 480 m above sea level. M. lies. The river enters this area from a sunken into the surrounding plateau valley from the east in the Combe d' Ain and changes its direction of flow in this broad Talniederung south. With a narrow edge of the municipality floor stretches east to the plateau at the foot of Bois des Chaumois. From the Combe d' Ain, the municipality's area extends westward over a densely wooded hillside to the ridge of today, which marks the western boundary. Here is 741 m above sea level. M. reached the highest elevation of Pont- du- Navoy.
At Pont -du- Navoy includes the hamlet of Les Forges ( 475 m above sea level. M. ) in the valley of the Ain and some individual farms. Neighboring communities of Pont- du- Navoy are Crotenay in the north, Champagnole and Monnet -la -Ville in the east, Montigny -sur- l'Ain and Mirebel in the south and Bonnefontaine in the West.
Traces of a Roman road traffic indicate a very early commission and possibly colonization of the municipality of Pont- du- Navoy. First mentioned is the place in the 13th century. Since the Middle Ages formed Pont -du- Navoy an important transition at Ain. Together with the Franche -Comté reached the village with the Peace of Nijmegen in 1678 to France.
About the Ain performs a stone bridge, which was built in the 18th century.
With 249 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2011) Pont -du- Navoy one of the small towns in the Jura. After the population had decreased in the first half of the 20th century ( in 1876 527 people were still counted ), only small fluctuations were recorded since the early 1980s.
Economy and infrastructure
Pont -du- Navoy was until well into the 20th century a predominantly coined by agriculture and forestry village. In the 17th century south of the village resulted in several forges, which were operated by the water power of the Ain. Specifically a side channel to Ain was built for these companies. Today, there are some establishments of local small businesses, including a cheese factory. Many workers are also commuters who engage in the larger towns in the vicinity of their work.
The village is traffic- technically quite well developed. It lies on the main road D471 which leads from Lons -le- Saunier after Champagnole. Further road links exist with Doucier, Monnet -la -Ville and Picarreau.