Port of Ghent
The port of Ghent is the third largest seaport of Belgium to the port of Antwerp and the port of Bruges - Zeebrugge. Today it is located in the north of the city of Ghent at Ghent -Terneuzen Kanaal. About the Kanaal Ghent -Terneuzen he has direct access to the sea. The port of Ghent is accessible for ships with Panamaxgröße. In the port of Ghent mainly bulk cargoes are handled. Two thirds of the goods come from the steel industry.
- Heavy industry ( blast furnaces, steelworks, rolling mill ): ArcelorMittal, specializing in the production of high quality steel coils ( coils) for the automotive industry;
- Iron ore and coal landed from overseas; Iron ore comes mainly from Brazil, coal from the USA, China and South Africa
- Verde -punched products are shipped overseas.
- Automobile Assembly: Volvo (Volvo Cars and Volvo Trucks )
- Paper mill: Stora Enso te Langerbrugge
- Chemistry: Nilefos
- Electricity plant: Electrabel Rodenhuize